Why become a member? ×

any solutions..uneven volume using ehx small clone

Mod_Machine

Hi, im running my bass into a berhinger tuner, marshall compressor, electro harmonix big muff, electro harmonix small clone and marshall echo/delay pedal into an ashdown blue 180 amp.
Im after a lush compressed sound similar to simon gallup on the cure song 'other voices'.

All was well and close enough for me with a good constant tone across the fret board that consistently cut through the guitar and drums live perfectly.... but i wanted that very light smidge of chorus so added the electro harmonix small clone as per above layout. Now the sound is good with the rate set at the lowest but i find the volume across the fret board no longer even...no matter how hard i compress its the same..it improves slightly if i also add some additional compression at the amp but thats not always possible when using someone elses amp...however even then iys still not right...for example its ago up to around the 7th fret across all strings but if i shoot up to the 17th fret on the g string the note seems to literally disappear and seems low in volume...less compression at the amp emphasises these wierd issues.

Can any one lend a bit of advice how to ...erm...'cure' this issue before i purchase i different pedal?

Does the problem occur with the chorus set on the other depth setting, via the switch? Does it occur with the rate at faster settings?

One of the things I noticed about the Small Clone was that at its very lowest setting, it's almost flanger-like with the sound phasing in and out - it could be that certain notes/frequencies are affected by this more than others.

Yep defo happening across the board, less noticable as it progressed up the rate setting and as you say almost flange like on its lowest depth and rate setting....pretty much where i want it! anything i can do to sort as i shift all over the fretboard and lots of octive shifting....even with lots of compression at the start of my chain...and quarter comp at the amp its still audible and i loose my new wave compressed tone any more than there! kinda quite gutted as so close to that other voices sound for live performances....of which i have one tom night.