Why become a member? ×

88/89 Stingray *SOLD*

4 candles

Howdy

[attachment=115503:march12 018.JPG]

Up for grabs my 88/89 stingray. 4 string, 4bolt neck, 3band eq, older style bridge with mutes (minus foam) A Superb bass but has a couple of modifications.

firstly at some point in its life the bass was fretless. the fretless board has been replaced with a birdseye maple flamed one. the work was completed by Martin Peterson at the Gallery in London and the workmanship is flawless as you would expect from Martin. The neck is visually stunning both front and rear.

THe body has been refinished. The bass previously was burgandy/red as there is evidence of this in the neck pocket. The bass has been refinished in white however this has not beeen done professionally but from a distance all looks well. I had every intention of getting a proffesional refinish done (around £120) but the white/maple combi looked really good on some band photo's I had taken and so it got lost.

Sound wise, that big fat stingray tone is there. If you want a bass you can just plug in and play then this is the one.

If you can look past these mods you are in for a bargain.

[attachment=115504:march12 014.JPG]

[attachment=115505:march12 015.JPG]

[attachment=115506:march12 016.JPG]

Generally a late 80's ray will set you around £1000-£1200. So this is one hell of a bass for the money but I appreciate it has been devalued by the finish and the neck. It is a reluctant sale as this is my go to bass but im again trying to make the full time switch to 5 string bass (again!!!) and this bass is not helping my quest.

I think you will struggle to find anything that plays and sounds like this baby for the money
I can provide further photos if required

£500 collected from Birmingham or posted for £520

looking for sale and no trades please

Thanks for looking

Regards

Mark

Edited by 4 candles