Why become a member? ×

G&L L2000 Tribute Blueburst £300

zipper871

Consider it SOLD for now I have already had 2 offers!

OK so here’s the deal- I’m a Yank posting here from Connecticut who was going to sell this bass locally when I realized I might be able to sell it more profitably in the UK. I work as a musician on cruise ships and I am about to embark on a ship sailing around Britain and Ireland, so here’s a win-win situation- I sell this bass for more than I could in the States, and you get a bass for cheaper than you normally would in the UK. If this sounds fishy as this is my first post here, you can check me out on talkbass.com under zipper871 and ebay under the same username, where I have over 100 feedback.

The Bass

So the bass is a G+L L2000 tribute in blue-burst (hard to tell from the photos-I’ll post better one’s tomorrow) that I bought new from musiciansfriend.com 2 years ago. It’s a great playing and sounding bass, and I thought many times about keeping it, but I just don’t play it anymore as I am only playing 5ers now. It has no dead spots on the neck and plays better high up on the e string (if that’s your thing ;) ) than any other bass I have ever played; it is also capable of some pretty low action. The weight is in normal jazz bass territory, 9-10 lbs, I would guess 9.5 and it balances very well. It is currently strung with d’addario medium gauge chromes. Also included is a nice G+L gigbag. It has some minor surface scratches in the finish that you would expect from a bass that’s been played for two years, but nothing major that couldn’t be buffed out. The only potential issue is a chip in the fingerboard by the 2nd fret on the bass side; it was like this when I got it new and I liked the bass so much that I didn’t want to go through the hassle of returning it over something that didn’t even bother me. The other potential issue is that the truss rod nut might be partially stripped; I’m not 100% sure as I’m not a guitar tech, but it would be a $3.70 fix at [url="http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Adjusting_nuts/Fender-style_Bullet_Truss_Rod_Nut.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=26350"]stewmac[/url] (or your equivalent); I would do it myself if I weren’t leaving so soon. I also have schaller strap lock buttons installed currently, I can leave them in if you like for not extra charge, otherwise I’ll replace them with the stock ones.

The Transaction

So anyway, I’ll be sailing around Britain starting July 20th on the Caribbean Princess and am hoping to set up an easy face to face/cash for bass transaction. Here’s where and when I’ll be (note that these times will be during the day if you have work/school :) -

July 19 - London (tentative, I don’t have my flight details yet)

Aug 1 - Southhampton, England

Aug 4 South Queensferry, Scotland

Aug 5 Invergordon, Scotland

Aug 7 Greenock, Scotland

Aug 8 Belfast, Northern Ireland

Aug 9 Liverpool, England

Aug 10 Dublin, Ireland

Aug 11 Cobh, Ireland

Aug 12 St. Peter Port, England

Aug 13 - Southhampton, England

Aug 14 St. Peter Port, England

Aug 15 Holyhead, Wales

Aug 16 Dublin, Ireland

Aug 17 Belfast, Northern Ireland

Aug 18 Greenock, Scotland

Aug 19 Kirkwall, Scotland

Aug 21 South Queensferry, Scotland

Aug 22 Invergordon, Scotland

Aug 25 Southhampton, England

I’m asking for £300, but I’d give a discount if you have a car and are willing to show me around your hometown for a few hours. I’m also totally open to offers since the exchange rate works in my favor. I’d like to get something set up if possible by 7/18 since once I’m on the ship my internet use will be sporadic. If you’ve read far I hope this is of interest to you!

pics here: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/agarv"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/agarv[/url]

Edited by zipper871