Why become a member? ×

Traded MTD 635-24

nobodysprefect

Relisted, there's a Fodera 6 available I want to make a bid for.

I ordered a new MTD that'll be custom made [i]for me[/i] and while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I want to give the Fod a real go so I can choose definitively between the two, so I'm selling off everything else.

This is a great example of Mike Tobias' genius. I have two MTDs, have played a third, and this one has the biggest tone of three, if also the least grizzle and sizzle. The woods are alder and bloodwood for the body, maple and ebony for the neck. As you would expect, the bass has a full body of note, with clear hi mids and highs. Lots of attack, too, not compressed at all - I just wanted something a little different (chambers in the body, piezo in the bridge etc etc) so.

Unlike most hi-end basses, this bass is very uncompressed. What you play comes through. I haven't played many active basses that let me add the odd pop while playing a fingerstyle line, this one does that. OTOH, my mistakes get heard as well! :D This was what made me order the next one that will have even MORE dynamics! :D I'd say this bass is as good a modern-voiced active bass as you can get, I've had all the big names except Alembic, so I've some experience. I definitely like the fact that I don't need to fiddle with the knobs in search of good tone. Oh, and the ergonomics/playability is the best in business, I think.

The bloodwood is much more attractive in the flesh, it's one of those woods that are satanically hard to get to photo well. The bass is in mint condition and comes with the MTD hard case.

Now asking 2450 quid incl shipping. Both the bloodwood top and ebony board carry a hefty upcharge these days. Pics at [url="http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/prkl0405/MTD/635%20bloodwood/"]http://s626.photobuc...35%20bloodwood/[/url]

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...