Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB3 1974/ 75, ex Take That/ Rick Wakeman/ It Bites - £1000

omvibes

Lovely condition Cherry Red short scale EB3, from 1974 or 1975 I believe (although I'm happy to be corrected by anyone with more knowledge than myself). I bought this about five years ago from the current Take That/ Rick Wakeman/ It Bites bass player (lovely guy, I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this connection), was used by me for a couple of years at some practices and gigs, but since then has been kept in dry storage.

Its in great condition, as the photos show. A few scratches and marks, but no 'belt rash' etc, as far as I can see. No neck repairs or anything like that. Frets look to have a lot of use left in them. Everything works fine, as far as I remember - its not been touched for three years!

Its all original, apart from the NOS bridge cover and selection dial, and the knobs - I also have the original chicken knobs.

It also comes with a Gibson case which I bought seperately - it cost me over £100- its a little too big for the bass, but nonetheless the bass fits just fine inside. I'll also include a soft case with backstraps for when you need to take it on your back.

I'm looking for £1000, which I think is a reasonable price for the whole package - the last Eb3 I saw on Ebay went for almost 1.1k, and that was for the bass itself, and nothing more. I'm looking for an Ampeg SVT 1 x 15 bass cab, so a trade involving one of those may be of interest.

I'm based in Sussex, near Gatwick. If seriously interested - and please, only serious enquiries, no dreamers/ 'I'll have the money in six months, when I've sold....' types - you're very welcome to come and try it out, although you'll need to bring your own amplification, or I am happy to meet in London or the south-east, within reason.

If you're interested give me a call, 07941 806501, no emails please.

Thanks,

Oli