Why become a member? ×

FS: Musicman StingRay 4 3EQ £800

Humph

Hi guys, trying to raise some funds for a beauty of an Alembic being sold on here, so this has to go. This was my first real bass, a great sounding Stringray 4. It's been unfortunately neglected since I got the SR 20th anniversary 5 string a couple of years ago.

It's in a rare Sienna Sunburst finish, with a black pickguard and rosewood fretboard. More pics can be requested but might take a day or two (the bass is kept at my local church, where I leave it as a backup bass any time I can't play - I don't have a key to get in so would have to wait til the weekend haha).

This bass was bought new in 2004 for £1700 - a lot higher than the price tag today. In my local music shop they're down to £1400 for the 3EQs. Considering this I'd like offers of [s]£1000[/s] [s]£950[/s] [s]£850[/s] £800 mark. Trades are unfortunately out, as this is purely to finance another bass.

Bass is in pristine condition, all electrics work and frets are in good condition. All in all a fantastic instrument.

Located in Belfast, NI. Feel free to ask to see/try the bass if you're local. I can ship or drive to meet within a few hours of Belfast.

[attachment=112295:008.jpg]
[attachment=112296:009.jpg]

Edited by Humph

I've noticed a lot of other Stingrays are getting replies yet this topic has been left untouched - is it a lack of pictures or because I have no posts? I can provide more pics or proof of genuineness if needs be. I'd really like to try and sell it this week.

[quote name='Humph' timestamp='1341928738' post='1726358']
I've noticed a lot of other Stingrays are getting replies yet this topic has been left untouched - is it a lack of pictures or because I have no posts? I can provide more pics or proof of genuineness if needs be. I'd really like to try and sell it this week.
[/quote]

Some more pics wouldn't harm your sale plus you started out with unrealistic expectations of the current market (check out those other threads for an idea of where the market is just now). Apart from that it's just a waiting game until the right buyer comes along mate. If you want a quick sale you'll have to pick a price that's too good to refuse.

Thanks for the feedback Ou7shined. I was a bit worried that people were being put off because I'm a new seller. To be honest I never part with guitars, this is the first I've had to sell.

I'll try and get some more pictures in the next day or two. Thanks again :)