Why become a member? ×

Hello !

el-gnomo

Hi,

I've been looking around the forum for a while, but have finally got round to signing up ! So I'd better introduce myself.

I've had a bass for 24 years, and have played in bands for 17 of them. I've played most types of music, in most kinds of venue !
The bassists I admire include: Bruce Thomas from the attractions, James Jamerson/Bob Babbitt, Paul Jackson, Pino Palladino, Jaco, Stanley Clarke (especially on upright), and many more......
I keep listening to "every day I write the book" at the moment, it's a great bass line, simple where it needs to be !
My current bass is an Iceni custom 5 which I'm putting through an Alembic pre-amp, and Chevin power amp into 2 Tech soundsystems cabs, a 2X12, and a 1X15, I also have a Jap Fender '62 reissue jazz, a Yamaha BB350 fretless, a Fender musicmaster, and a few others, all LEFTY. I also have a Mesa/Boogie 400+, but it's too heavy to take out all the time ! I don't use effects, I like the sound as it is.

Sorry to witter on, I guess it wasn't a short intro after all.

- El Gnomo.