Why become a member? ×

Jim Dunlop MXR ten band EQ

gerryc

Anyone use one of these? My son acquired one second hand and hopes to use it with his acoustic guitar, unfortunately on plugging in using 1/4" mono jack instrument leads there is a horrible crackling noise. Sounds like dirty contacts, so dad being an aviation electronics engineer in a former life (gave up that malarky over ten years ago) stripped it down and cleaned all the tracks and contacts on the sliders and footswitch, checked for dry joints and cracks in circuit board etc. Then noticed that the input/output jack sockets have three contacts, so possibly stereo. Tried it with stereo leads and there is EQ but still some noise and with mono leads nowt but noise.
I have emailed Jim Dunlop customer service but all I got from them was, as we used to say in the navy a "DGI" (damn good ignoring). So if anyone has not lost the will to live and read this to the end and can tell me what leads they use sucessfully I'd be very grateful.