Why become a member? ×

All gone, nothing to see here...

Hey guys

I've been giving it a lot of thought lately but I've decided to sell my much loved Trace Elliot GP12 AH250SMX bass head. The amp is absolutely fantastic and I bought it because it's the one Steve Harris used on a few Maiden albums but since then, I've grown to absolutely love the thing but lately I've been going through a funny phase where I've wanted a more "Geddy Lee/Eddie Jackson/Rex Brown" aggressive tone which has sent me leaning towards an Ashdown or Gallien Krueger head but I'm not even sure on that.

I've owned the head for over a year now and it's been gigged quite a few times by me. In that time, I've had it professionally serviced, re-valved with another Mesa Boogie pre amp valve, 2 switches replaced (they felt a bit loose to me so they've been replaced) and it's lived in my rack case since I got it. The green lights behind all the dials, EQ sliders and switches just look MEAN, especially in a dark venue. It looks like a radioactive beast behind you.

The versatility of the amp is incredible. I used it for a gig which I needed a really smooth, mellow tone for and it did that perfectly then I used it with my metal band and it gave me the clicky, Steve Harris-esque cutting through tone. It's just that it's a little too polite sounding for what I want/need right now.

The amp is in pretty much perfect condition but there's one or two scratches on the casing here and there from the previous owner (who I believe had it since new) and there's a little bit of a paint chip from the rack ears. As I said, electronically it's been recently maintained and serviced because I didn't want to take it out to a gig and have it break down (not saying it's prone to it, I just prefer to be on the safe side).

It comes with the original EQ and Pre Shape switching footswitch which is in nearly mint condition too (it currently sits in my rack drawer as I don't tend to use it during gigs). Apparently these are really rare and worth a bit by themselves. I'll also be including a spare pre-amp valve just in case you want or need to change it.

As you probably know, the amp has a 12 band equaliser with a dial for selecting how much of the natural bass tone you want dialled in with the EQ (I personally run it on pure EQ), 2 band compressor (separate high and low dial), EQ balance dial (for biasing towards more bass or more treble, I just leave it in the centre), fully usable effects loop (send and recieve located on the back with a filter to select how much of the tone you want effected but the actual effect loop dial is located on the front to dial it all in), active/passive switch, solid state/valve bias dial, tuner output, 2 speaker outputs, earth lift switch, voltage selection and lastly, a mute switch so you can tune/wait for guitarists to stop being idiots/leave it on standby.

Price wise I would be looking for around [b]SOLD[/b] (give or take a few) for the head and footswitch, Delivery would cost around £20 I believe but collection is welcomed so you can come try it out too. I'm based just in the middle of Luton/Milton Keynes/Bedford off junction 13 (Toddington) of the M1. You're more than welcome to come and try the head out as well.

As for trades, I'd only be interested in a Gallien Krueger 700RB-II, Ashdown ABM500 EVO III RC, Ashdown Spyder 500 (rackmount) or Sansamp RPM pre amp (with some cash my way on the sansamp)

Here's a couple of pictures of it in my flight case

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

• 1 month later...