Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Lakland 55-02 Deluxe TRADED

P-T-P

I've had this bass for a couple of months now and even though it has an incredibly low action and I find it very comfortable to play - moreso even than my DJ5 which I adored from day 1 - it's just not working out for me tonally. My DJ5 has massive low-end thump whereas the 55-02 has a lot more cut to it which I daresay is what a lot of people look for, but it's not particularly my thing.

I know I should perhaps consider swapping out the pick-ups and/or electronics, but I'm not much of one for modding, especially as you never get the money spent back ifyou decide to sell so I'm looking to move this on either by way of sale or trade.

It's typical Lakland 55-02 spec so has their fantastic tight low B and string through or topload bridge. Bartolini MM/J pick-up configuration and 3 band pre-amp with switchable mid frequency centre, pick-up pan control and push/pull active/passive volume pot.

Finish is a lush sunburst over a quilted maple top. Fingerboard is rosewood on a graphite reinforced maple neck, hipshot ultralite tuners finish out the spec.

Action is supremely low and it is the best Lakland neck I've had my hands on (and they're all pretty good).

There's a couple of marks on the back, but only superficial and they may even polish out, but the front is pretty much spotless. Think there might be a small ding on the headstock (isn't there always?).

Will sort some pics out today (now added, see below).

Looking for £750.

Ideally would just like to turn it into a DJ5.

Would also consider taking a JO5 or 55-01 in part-ex against it.

Alternatively, P or J basses (especially with maple necks) also considered as part-ex fodder with an outside shot that I'd take a 6 string bass of some kind.

PM me if interested or call or txt me on 07515 929935 or e-mail to pete at peteward dot co dot uk

Edited by P-T-P

Pics of the bass, the headstock pic shows the doink on the headstock. I could not photograph the surface scratches on the back, they only show up when held to the light at the correct angle.

As you can see, the bass is v. pretty and in excellent condition.

[attachment=7682:lakland_5502_01.jpg][attachment=7683:lakland_5502_02.jpg][attachment=7684:lakland_5
502_03.jpg]

Okay I have 2 possible trade offers on the table for this and one promising but not quite there part-ex deal.

Anyone else interested? Open to offers of all kind, cash always welcome but part-ex or trades also welcome.

I'm doing the home studio thing at the moment too so could go for some monitors, condenser mic (for vocals) outboard effects possibly.

Some sound clips of the bass with different pick-up combinations. Recorded dry into my comps sound card with the bass sporting a brand new set of Elites .045 gauge stainless steel strings and set-up for live rather than recording (hence the odd bit of rattle!).

[attachment=7954:5502_bri...ack_coil.mp3] - Bridge pick-up solo with rear coil selected
[attachment=7956:5502_bri...mbucking.mp3] - Bridge pick-up solo in humbucking mode
[attachment=7955:5502_bri...ont_coil.mp3] - Bridge pick-up solo with front coil selected
[attachment=7957:5502_neck_pup.mp3] - Neck pick-up solo
[attachment=7953:5502_bot...ear_coil.mp3] - Both pick-ups, bridge with rear coil selected
[attachment=7952:5502_bot...mbucking.mp3] - Both pick-ups, bridge pick-up in humbucking mode
[attachment=7951:5502_bot...ont_coil.mp3] - Both pick-ups, bridge with front coil selected