Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Jazz - Ash body GONE

soundcheck

Dear Bass People

I've reluctantly decided to part with this instrument. I bought this American Standard model new in 2005 and it's been my main bass all through my studies which included 4 years on the Guildhall jazz course. I always said I wouldn't sell it but I guess it's not good to be too sentimental. I've used it extensively but looked after it well. Inevitably it does have a few little marks.

It's a really fantastic instrument and I'm only selling because I now mostly use more strings and can't keep more than the absolutely necessary. I think the main reasons why this is such a great sounding instrument and superior to my ears to many other Fender Jazz's is because:

a. It has the ash body. There's probably a reason why so many high end luthiers use ash.
b. the S1 switch. For those of you who aren't familiar with this, pressing the inconspicuous button in the volume knob changes the pick up configuration from series to parallel, giving a whole new range of useful sounds and making this bass even more versatile. Really can't imagine why Fender stopped doing this.

The colour is a really rare Sunset Translucent which I believe they don't make anymore either. It's rather lovely.

Fender now only make Ash bodied Jazz basses in the Deluxe version which cost £1441 on andertons.co.uk The American Standard model at the same shop is £1067 and when I bought it the Ash body upgrade was a £100 extra. Therefore I'm asking for [b]. [/b]Comes with original hard case and all case candy. It's a one-off bass.

Interested people are welcome to try it out in London.
Many thanks

[b]SOLD ELSEWHERE[/b]

Edited by soundcheck

[quote name='lynxus69' timestamp='1333469525' post='1602202']
Would you fancy a swap for Markbass CL108 cab?
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the offer. I'm sure it would be amazing having something like that behind me but it exceeds my needs sadly