Why become a member? ×

Elrick or Bacchus

jc_riffs

Hi guys and gals

Just after a bit of help really. Got a handmade Bacchus 5 at the mo and thinking about trying out an Elrick NJS Gold 5 string instead. Anyone with any experience of Elricks and how they stack up in the bass world.

Thanks
Jake

• 1 month later...

Hi JC,
I cant offer much help with the Bacchus but have an Elrick Platinum 5 string that continues to drop my jaw when I play it. Dont know how Mr E does it but the combination of the woods, his design of the details and the electronics just humble me. This ones a hybrid evolution with Bart pups and and 18v Aquilar OPB3(?) preamp - have to check that. Here is its sibling anyway:

http://www.elrick.com/platinum/e-vol5Hybrid_CrotchedWalnut.htm

Flatters me when I use slap or fingerstyle - it just is too good for what I play.

I px'd some decent stuff at bass gallery some years back to fund a 5 string and had the pick of so many basses (Warwicks, Overwater, MM, Fender etc etc) but chose this one. MArtin P set it up and it has played beautifully ever since. Been way too good for gigging (ol faithful- warwick streamer ) could bear it to get dinged or pinched.

There's some choice vids of Elricks on Youtube or try www.basszone.it for an brilliant set of sample sounds. I think the thread is... http://www.basszone.it/pictures.htm#EXPAT5AS or somewhere round thereabouts.

Now the sad bit: I have made a deal with Sam Keen on a 5string EUB and the only way I can repay my piggybank short of auctioning a kidney is sell my Elrick. Havent really reconciled this yet but will (should) be on the Sale forum later this week.
Good luck with whatever you decide, just try one first.
Andy