Why become a member? ×

My new project "The Reunion"

Captain Bass

Hi my bass brothers,

Just wanted to let you guys know about my new project! (as i've been solo doing my youtube stuff for a while now)

"The Reunion" is primarily acoustic guitar and bass, easy listening but technical (and trying bloody hard to meet somewhere in the middle of that)

My friend (who is a bit of a star from Thailand, going under the name Aplin) is influenced by the same candy rat artist's as me who play the new age acoustic percussive style (with tapping, open tap harmonics and beats on the body of the acoustic) -who influenced me to approach solo bass the way I do.

Anyway here is a live video we made:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfqVYQcN3s[/media]

My house is currently a recording studio for two weeks, with leads and equiptment everywhere (even a few mics in my tiled bathroom)

We are recording the 5 track EP with the help of a very talented ProTools engineer friend of mine who we are very lucky to know, and has offered his services for nothing but cups of tea/coffee and biscuits - what a guy!

This project is DIY at its best, just two old mates who had not played together for a while (hence the name Reunion) and some great songs in the pipeline! I can't wait to share the results with you all!

All the best bass bro's,
Andy
CB

p.s. sorry for my immature "bye bye" at the end of the vid ha ha