Why become a member? ×

Mega-Rock Workshops @ Sussex Academy

AlexLofoco

[color=#000000]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"][size="4"][/size][/font][size=5]Mega-Rock[/size][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=5][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Workshop[/font][/size][/font][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif] is designed to provide guitarists, bassists and drummers the indispensable tools to understand and learn the role of the rhythm section in one of the loudest and most controversial music styles: Rock.[/font][/color]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]The history of Rock and Roll taught through the techniques, tones and the showmanship of guitar heroes, legendary bassists and energetic drummers, will reveal the secret recipe to solidity.[/font]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]From the birth of Rock and Roll to the raw power of Hard Rock and the heaviness of Metal, the three Mega Workshop modules will displaythe energy of Rock through the hits of legendary bands such as Queen, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Gun's and Roses, Korn and Rush to name a few.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Performing on stage, use the right gear in the right way, is a must for all generations of working musicians. All elements of the live performance will be dealt with in order to comprehend and develop the appropriate awareness to run an entertaining rock show.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Three monthly modules will be a close examination to the different stylistic approaches, techniques, vibes and tones of the three historical periods. Each module is a full-immersion lesson where all the attendees will have the chance to perform and learn through the interplay and confronting each other.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]Module I: [/b] [i]Jimi Hendrix, Queen,Led Zeppelin, Deep[/i] [i]Purple, Black Sabbath, Rush[/i][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]Module II: [/b][i]AC/DC,[/i] [i]Guns and Roses,[/i] [i]Iron Maiden, Metallica,[/i] [i]Ozzy Osbourne[/i][i], [/i][i]Van Halen [/i][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]Module III: [/b][i]Dream Theatre, Mr.Big[/i][i], [/i][i]Korn, [/i][i]Rage Against The Machine [/i][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=5][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Mega-Workshop[/font][/size] addresses both professionals, music students and music lovers who wish to delve into the subject and develop the full awareness of the genre. The language and the interplay with other musicians, learning not only from his own instrument but from the ensemble, and being a part of the whole rhythm section.[/font][/size]

[b]Mega-Deal[/b][color=#000000]
[size=3][font=georgia, serif][b]If you book the whole Mega-Rock Workshop you will get a [/b][/font][/size][/color][color=#000000]
[size=3][font=georgia, serif][b][size=4]FREE[/size] set of Rotosound 66 bass strings.[/b][/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=3][font=georgia, serif][b]Also you can buy the ACS ER-20 earplugs for the reduced price of £10[/b][/font][/size][/color]

[right][size=5][b][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]For info and booking[/font][/b][/size][/right]
[right][size=5][url="http://sussexmusic.com/media-news-detail.php?newsID=66"]http://sussexmusic.com/media-news-detail.php?newsID=66[/url][/size][/right]

[right][size=5][url="http://www.alexlofoco.com/instructional.html"]http://www.alexlofoco.com/instructional.html[/url][/size][/right]

[left][font=georgia, serif][size=5]Module I 15[sup]th[/sup] April 2012[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=georgia, serif][size=5]Module II 13[sup]th[/sup] May 2012[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=georgia, serif][size=5]Module III 17[sup]th [/sup]June 2012[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif] [/font]

[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Module Program[/size][/font][/center]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]10:30 [/font][/size]
[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]1. [/b] [b]Introduction[/b] and exposition of the module.[/font][/size][/indent]

[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]2. [/b] [b]Teachers Performance[/b]. [/font][/size][/indent]
[right][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif](30mins)[/font][/size][/right]
[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]3. [/b][b]Preparatory Lesson[/b] to all students. Audio-visual material will be use as reference (documentaries /interviews/lives).[/font][/size][/indent]
[right][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif](30mins)[/font][/size][/right]
[indent=1.35][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] [i]During the lesson each tutor will briefly explain the role, possibilities, point-of-view and attitude his own instrument has into the ensemble contest, highlighting the interplay with the other members of the band, tone and stylistic awareness.[/i][/font][/size][/indent]
[indent=1.35][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][i] Music charts will be provided to the students, and will be explained, studied and prepared during the [/i][i]‘[/i][i]Instrument Lesson[/i][i]’[/i][i] (4) and used in the [/i][i]‘[/i][i]Ensemble Workshops[/i][i]’[/i][i] (6).[/i][/font][/size][/indent]

[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]4. [/b][b]Instrument Technique Lessons[/b]. Each tutor will hold a lesson to their class focussed on the topics of the relevant module, explaining and demonstrating each section of the provided charts, giving technical and interpretative advices and details.[/font][/size][/indent]
[right][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif](2h)[/font][/size][/right]
[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]5. [/b]Creation of the ensemble workshop groups (the groups will be created according to the level of the students).[/font][/size][/indent]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]13:30 [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] -Lunch Break[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]14:30[/font][/size]
[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]6. [/b][b]Ensemble Workshops[/b] (each group will prepare the tune/s independently and the tutors will supervise the classes during the development process).[/font][/size][/indent]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]17:00[/font][/size]
[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]7. [/b][b]Students performances[/b] and teachers feedbacks.[/font][/size][/indent]

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] 18:30 [/font][/size]
[indent=2.7][size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][b]8. [/b]End of the module.[/font][/size][/indent]