Why become a member? ×

At last - the end of a journey

hamfist

At last, I have finally completed my rig. And it's such a relief ! I have been through so much gear in the last few months its unreal. Thankfully a lot of it has been used (thank God for the BC for-sale forums), and a lot has been bought new, tried and returned, so my cash outlay has not been too astronomical.
Thanks to all of you who have sold and bought from me recently ! I haven't experienced a single bad deal. It amazes me sometimes how most of us are willing to Paypal large sums of money to complete strangers, with virtually no come-back should that stranger simply disappear or decide to rip us off.

Anyway, the whole rig just sounds utterly awesome. I am completely stoked. I just had to share.

This is what I've ended up with ....

Bass Collection Jazz bass - so versatile. Does everything I need. IMO a class above the equivalent Squiers.

[u]Pedals[/u] :-
1/ Rothwell Love Squeeze - incredible "compressor for those who don't like compressors !"
2/ EBS Multidrive - This provides a low clanky drive tone, that I have heard in no other pedal.
Gorgeous.
3/ Xotic Bass BB pre-amp - for higher levels of more "fuzz-like" drive

[u]Amp[/u] :-
Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III .... Simply a very, very good rock amp. Love the blendability between clean SS and tube pre-amp. And, of course, the uber flexible EQ.

[u]Cab[/u] :-
Shroeder 410L .... Others sound better in the living room, but with a band this thing cannot be beaten for what I want. Sits PERFECTLY in the mix.

I can now sleep a little easier and get on with thinking about other things in my life !
Thanks for listening.

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1331641246' post='1576295']
At last, I have finally completed my rig.
[/quote]

Yeah, right....... :D

Congratulations on finding a set-up that you love - some people never manage it.
Ashdown ABM's are great amps. They get a lot of bad press on here, but I loved the one I had & regret getting rid of it.

Edited by RhysP