Why become a member? ×

fs - envelope filter. dod 440 clone.

holio.cornolio

Hello all. I'm offering up my DoD 440 clone envelope filter. It's had an input cap mod, so its really properly full frequency and works fantastically with bass. It's on eBay right now, but I will happily pull the listing for a basschatter. This particular pedal is built from a byoc kit, although the original brick of an enclosure has been binned in favour of a more petite and svelte offering from pedal parts plus. It does have a blemish on the paint just below the footswitch, but aside from that, minty fresh. It's not your typical DOD pedal, the byoc kit runs to nearly 60 quid and the enclosure set me back some cash too (which makes it all the more galling that I managed to smudge the paint when I was wiping off the excess ink from the question mark print-what a twat!).

So for those who don't know this pedal, what makes it special? Well its pretty old skool, featuring an optocoupler to control the envelope, so its amazingly touch sensitive, and because of that, if you want it to be subtle, well just play subtle.... if you fancy getting mental, dig in! It doesn't have the vicious attach of the DoD fx25 made popular by flea, and doesn't get into that odd frog croak territory without some serious finger abuse. The controls are simple: sensitivity and range, although the 2 are very interactive and you will find, if you're one of those players (posers) who switches guitars a lot, this pedal might get on your tits, as it does require different settings for different basses. It's a great piece, and even though its 'only' a clone, you don't see that many around and imho that's only because they're not a well understood pedal.... so I'm setting the price at around the £55 mark, as much below that and I'd rather keep it, even though my band keep telling me I'm not bootsie. Don't be shy. Get in touch if you're interested.
Oh just one thing, to the buyer - this pedal is true bypass, there's no pop suppression on the footswitch/ led. I could have added a big resistor to smooth that out, but this baby is ALL ABOUT THA TONE!

sorry about the sh*tty photo by the way

Edited by holio.cornolio