Why become a member? ×

Um... Hi, I Guess

Icarus_147

Hey guys!

I'm Jamie, but in Internet terms, I go by Icarus, where possible. I'm 18, and in a hard rock/metal band called Blowout Rodeo. There's not really any story behind that name, we just smashed together two possible names we had (Blowout Morgan and Astral Rodeo) and came out with that. f***ing random band name generators man. But hey! Check us out if you like. We recently recorded some awful demos where the guy who mixed them turned the bass up far too high. [url="http://www.facebook.com/BlowoutRodeo"]http://www.facebook.com/BlowoutRodeo[/url]

I've not been playing all that long, just over two years now, and I'm not really very good. I can hold my own, but I'm only just about to start getting theory lessons and such. Probably should have looked into that a little earlier. I plan on building up a nice little collection of basses though, with a few guitars in there just because. They're beautiful looking things, after all.

I currently own an Epiphone Flying V '58 Korina reissue, in Alpine White, all stock save for the Schaller strap locks I just installed. I don't know if it's just my amp, the guitar, or both, but it has such a mean tone to it. Short scale, so it growls like hell, and it's loud. Goddamn is it loud. All my love.

I also have an Ibanez GSR190 in transparent red. Unfortunately there's little to no grain on the fron of the guitar, whereas the back actually looks quite nice. It's got stickers on it, and orange DR Neons, which the coating has come off quite badly around where I pick, and now is starting to come away over the fretboard too. Still looks cool though. I also swapped out one of the machine heads that broke for a black one, as opposed to chrome, and installed black strap locks and two black knobs. Gonna look at getting some EMGs put in to try to improve the sound a bit. It sounds alright for an entry level bass, but it is just that, entry level. Also considering putting a black bridge on there and leaving either one or three of the saddles chrome. I think that'd look pretty cool.

I also own a Tanglewood Evolution acoustic in black. Very relaxing to play.

My amp is an old Laney G150 and the 1x15 cab. I [i]think [/i]it's about 20 years old or so, possibly getting on for 25. I don't really have a whole lot to say about it, but as far as my rock/metal tone goes? It's amazing. Haven't really messed about with it with many other styles, I usually use my Pandora for funk and such. I also have a Boss ODB-3, CEB-3 and BF-3.

I'm really quiet in person, but I talk a lot on the internet. It's like I think people care. ._.

But yeah, if you're still reading, that's me :3

ALSO! I'm looking at picking up a new bass in the next few weeks. I'm probably going for something under £400, but I'd stretch to £500 if it was that much better. Top contenders are the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro, in Natural Oil, and the Fender Modern Player Jazz. If anyone has any better suggestions they'd be totally welcome, even though I know you probably stopped reading long ago.

I'm not terribly attractive, but here's a very recent picture!

[attachment=101714:458749_257830637632158_219998344748721_581272_1901785436_o.jpg]

I'm going to bed now. >.>