Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No longer available... 1990 Ibanez Soundgear SR1000e in Metallic Black, With Kent Armstrong Pickups and Badass II

Guest teamcoy

Guest teamcoy

I love this bass.

It is the fastest neck I have ever played.

But, I need to get some cash together for the Laney Nexus that is for sale on here at the mo. Am playing my Precisions more at the moment and my Farida is too cheap to sell.

I have had it for 10 years, prior to that it was owned by a friend from new. Serial number is F018343 which means it was the 18343rd guitar made in the fujigen plant in 1990.

Since I bought it I ripped out the active electronics, replaced the bridge with a Black Badass II, removed all the pots and chucked in some nice Vintage Kent Armstrong's. As you can see in the pics the pot holes are filled in (my wife kindly did a good job of them with Fimo moulding clay and nail polish ) to blend with the body. Close up, sure you can see but on stage it looks pretty much seamless.

I realise that this guitar will not be to everyone's taste given that at present it has no pots (I am a pedal kind of a guy), I spent ages earthing this as the pickups are extremely high output and it sounds great.

I have uploaded some pics to G+ as having issues uploading the four pics.

[url="https://plus.google.com/photos/104769422499295922128/albums/5712717268617799377?authkey=CKmSqvzdrL67YA"][CODE]Album on Google Plus[/CODE][/url]

Have tried to include some pics which will hopefully show it's colour, while it looks very black in artificial light, it has a greenish tint under sunlight and under UV it is teal.

The sensible thing for me to have done would have been to keep the old electronics but as I am but a doofus, obviously I binned them.

The white fret markers on the side of the neck are stickers, as is the one at the 12th fret. Don't want to remove them until it sells in case it doesn't.

So, collected from Leeds or I can meet you at a mutually agreed place, £275 with a gig bag. I am open to offers as don't really know what is a reasonable price for this guitar as they don't really come up much.

Cheers

Matt

Edited by teamcoy