Why become a member? ×

Cats On Holiday: A Band You Want to Hear, Early 80s

Count Bassie

At request of the bassist of this venerable bare-knuckled faction of 80s South Florida Swamp-Rock virtuosity called [i][b]Cats On Holiday[/b][/i], I've compiled this collection of recordings in mp3 format for distribution. With the departing from this present level of existence of lead singer Ezra Pike, and to honor his most fond memory, the tracks have been liberated from the bondage of commerce and made available for [url="http://soundcloud.com/doctor-roger"]free download on Soundcloud[/url].

Of particular interest is bass player Ray Harris' highly creative and aggressive work within the form, contributing to more dynamic the the genre really is used to containing... first time I ever saw him play, I walked into the club, watched and listened a minute, and thought to myself, "ohhhh... THAT'S how you play the bass". You may have had a moment like that in your life as a new player. Never left me, going to see Ray's bands became required listening for all us upstart music-cans in the area.

I could say more, but I highly recommend poring over the tracks there- specially noteworthy are the tracks "Nothing From Anyone", "Skin of My Teeth", and "Creep (Slip, Stumble & Fall)"...

Happy 'saving'... and thanks for listening.