Why become a member? ×

Sold: Fender black, black, black Jazz Bass

Walker

[b]Fender black, black, black Jazz Bass[/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]Photo's soon![/b][/color]

OK, time to sell my 2009 Fender Jazz as I've got myself a Road Worn and I need to pay for the upright I just bought (and I have my eye on a certain Dingwall)!
I'm looking for £400 + Carriage (or pickup in Swansea / Cardiff area - plus I travel around a bit so there are a few possibilities)
It's a black gloss/maple neck/maple fretboard MIM with a few special touches...

1. Set up and fret dress by Welsh luthier, Simon Jones of SGL Guitars
2. Simon also fitted a Leo Quann Badass II bridge for me
3. Black scratchplate
4. Black Jazz Bass Varitone control with tone, blend and series mode (more info below) - you'll get the original Fender chrome plate too
5. Wizard Eighty-Fours pups - from his site... "Darker, bassier and generally dirtier than the Sixty-Fours, these pickups are overwound to lower the overall tone. Loud and proud these pickups will drive any group. The bridge has a dc of 11.5kohms and the neck 11.0 k ohms. Complete with black covers and black and white hook-up wires".
6. Brand new set of D'Addario rounds.
7. Schaller Strap Lock buttons in Ruthenium (Dark grey / gunmetal chromey finish)

This is a wonderful solid player. Tonally I could get everything I needed for our varied covers set using the varitone unit and my super-clean PJB rig. Everything from muted upright tones through to clanky pop-punk. Now I have a pedalboard and a tube amp, it's really come alive.
The Wizards are wonderful, they are not too dark'n'dirty (as his description states), just solid, warm, smooth and big. But if you dig in, things can get darker and dirtier!. They are so good I've put a set on my Road Worn. It's beautifully set up with a very playable low action.
It's in very, very good condition and has been well looked after. To be honest, this is my pride and joy but I've committed to upright and want to move to 5 strings. It comes with a Fender gig bag.

[color=#0000ff][b]Varitone Unit[/b][/color]
This is a drop in custom control plate that enables you to have variable passive tones.
Professionally wired with reinforced connections.[list]
[*]The unit has a stacked pot with master volume control (top) with a high pass filter kit to prevent loss of highs when lowering the volume, a master tone control (bottom) lets you roll off tones on any setting for a deeper sound.
[*]A mini toggle switch for series wiring, which gives you a natural boost, a thicker rounder tone, the more punchy p-bass/musicman sound.
[*]A blend control to evenly switch between pickups.
[*]A true-bypass mini toggle switch, enables you to bypass any setting on varitone instantly, giving you seven tones for any pickup configuration.
[*]A make-before-break 6 position varitone rotary switch with different tone capacitors (quiet switching, anti -static circuitry). The cap values chosen have the best natural variance in tones ranging from your normal bass tone to a deep bass reggae tone.
[/list]
[b]Positions are:[/b]
1 slight treble cut/hi mid
2 more treble cut/more mid
3 low mid
4 warmer mid tone
5 dark tone (mid scoop)
6 deeper tone (more scoop).

This is a great tone upgrade without getting an active preamp. You'll have a wide variety of smooth passive tones and control at your fingertips.
You can see the unit in action here

[media]http://vimeo.com/1053204[/media]

Edited by Walker