Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender stratacoustic and cort G290

I have recently started playing bass in a band and now have a couple of guitars sitting about doing nothing.

Ideally I'd like to sell them but I'm also interested in trades for pedals (muff fuzz or tube screamer ), bass stuff (pickups to fit a yamaha rbx jazz/ precision set) or something else interesting - possibly a bass

Cort- £220 posted, £190Collected
Fender Stratacoustic £150 costed, £120 Collected

Photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25355733@N08/

Local delivery possible- I'm in Nottingham

Court G290

Although the Cort brand may not be that familiar, the Cort factory in Korea also produce great guitars for brands such as Ibanez, ESP, Schecter and G&L.

This is a lovely guitar with top of the range hardware.

* quilted maple top in sunburst finish
* Seymour Duncan pickups:
neck & middle - vintage staggered single-coil
bridge - TB-4 (tremolo version of the SH-4 JB model)
* 5-way selector switch; one volume control, one tone with push-pull coil tap for the bridge pickup.
* satin finish maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
* wilkinson trem
* locking tuners
* roller nut, roller string trees
* satin chrome hardware

The range of tones from the 3 Seymour Duncans makes this a very versatile guitar, from the vintage Strat-like twang of the single coils to the modern rock tones of the bridge humbucker, which can also be coil-split to give single-coil tones on its own or combined with the middle pickup.

I have had this well-looked after guitar for a year, and the bloke before me had it for about 3 years. It has one blemish - a small lacquer chip on the headstock (see close-up photo). There are a few tiny belt scratches on the back but only what you'd expect from light use. I have always treated this guitar well and have never gigged it. It was professionally set up last October with 10's

RRP for the current G290 model (very similar except with EMG pickups) is £769, retailing on-line for about £650.

Fender Stratacoustic

I've had this since new in 2004 when I bought it to relearn guitar on while in a shared student house with thin walls.

Its acoustic- but quite quiet,
Its acoustic but has a low almost electric action.
Its electro acoustic so I thought if I ever needed more volume I could plug it in.

It had a setup in 2010 from millennium guitars in Nottingham. Its set up for 10's, plays nicely and sounds ace through an amp.

Its not in perfect condition, couple of chips (that are pictured) on the front and some scratches from pics on the front as well.

Almost no fret wear- also pictured.

I thought it was the perfect beginners guitar- nice to play, looks cool, no need for an amp, hard wearing body and fine to take on stage plugged in.

I've got a lovely acoustic, a lovely electric but I really only have time for bass and as its sat about unused for the last year or so its time to sell.