Why become a member? ×

(SOLD) For Sale: MIK Epiphone Thunderbird. £100 PHOTOS NOW UP

jonsparrow91

I bought this not two weeks ago but, having bought another bass that I can't really afford, this has to go! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164820-epi-thunderbird-sold/page__p__1501661__hl__thunderbird__fromsearch__1#entry1501661"]Here's the original thread.[/url]

This is a very underrated bass, one of the reasons I went for it was because I wanted to see what the fuss (good and bad) was about. On the (much heavier) plus side: It is very comfortable to play, the pickups are very dark but not muddy, it can do a great variety of tones (this is not just a "rock" bass, it can to funk, RnB, slap, etc; it just happens to be exceptionally good at rock!) And, it being Korean made, the construction is very solid; I would happily gig with this bass. On the downside, the obvious hunderbird flaws, neck dive and poor upper register access. Bah, who wants to play those frets anyway? :P

Since buying it I've changed the strap button position to help with the infamous neck dive (which is now a minimum so long as you have a decent strap, with cheap nylon straps there is still some droopage) so it is now on the heel of the bass; this means that there are 2 open screw holes, one where the strap button was and one where I started drilling into the neck and then thought better of it before any damage was done. Both are easily covered by a bit of wood filler or PVA glue and a black marker. :P

I'm asking £100 for this, exactly what I paid. £100 collected from my door, £105 delivered anywhere in zones 1 to 4 in London and £120 delivered anywhere in the UK. If you want it delivered anywhere else then PM me.

I have no camera and only a phone and cheap webcam at my disposal so pictures won't do it justice (though I'll happily try my best on request), I would describe the condition of this bass as "acceptable" to "good". No major problems but clear signs of use.

[center][/center]
[center][/center]
[center][/center]
[center][/center]
[center][b]This bass will be sold with the strings it came with, stainless steels with plenty of life in them.[/b][/center]

Edited by spaz91