Why become a member? ×

Sony DTC-1000es DAT Recorder

Hi All

I'm having a bit of a clear out of some old studio stuff and I've got this Sony DAT player that needs to go. It all seems to be in working order, although I currently don't have any DAT tapes to test it fully with - it was always super reliable when I used to use it. Any offers?

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='crez5150' post='169114' date='Apr 3 2008, 01:00 PM']Is this a 19" version or a portable? Also how many hours use do you think the heads have had?[/quote]

It's 19" although I don't have the rack mount ears.

I have absolutely no Idea how many hours the heads have had. As far as I know these were one of the first DAT recorders Sony made in the late 80's - I picked it up second hand a few years ago and used it a fair bit for about six months or so and since then it's been sat Idle - Your guess is as good as mine how much use it had in the first part of it's life.

[quote name='lateralus462' post='169212' date='Apr 3 2008, 03:41 PM']I'm in Sonning Common - just outside Reading.[/quote]

Been mountain biking round that way (from Watlington) a fair few times - that's a nice place to live....

Do you have a price in mind...?

[quote name='99ster' post='169301' date='Apr 3 2008, 05:26 PM']Been mountain biking round that way (from Watlington) a fair few times - that's a nice place to live....

Do you have a price in mind...?[/quote]

I haven't - I was going to check what they go for on Ebay but haven't got round to it yet. I guess the next question would be what you would consider a fair price to be?

[quote name='lateralus462' post='169305' date='Apr 3 2008, 05:42 PM']I haven't - I was going to check what they go for on Ebay but haven't got round to it yet. I guess the next question would be what you would consider a fair price to be?[/quote]

I'd only know by doing the same as you - checking on eBay I suppose...
Sorry - that's not much help...!
[i](You'll likely know that model was the standard DAT in a lot of studios back in the day - and you're right it must be around 20 years old - so difficult to say how much life it's got left in it...as it could have done a lot of miles if it lived in a commercial studio. And if anything goes wrong with them they nowadays they have to go in the skip as they cost a small fortune to get repaired - even if you can find the parts.)[/i]

[quote name='99ster' date='Apr 3 2008, 11:53 PM' post='169539']
I'd only know by doing the same as you - checking on eBay I suppose...
[i](You'll likely know that model was the standard DAT in a lot of studios back in the day - and you're right it must be around 20 years old - so difficult to say how much life it's got left in it...as it could have done a lot of miles if it lived in a commercial studio. And if anything goes wrong with them they nowadays they have to go in the skip as they cost a small fortune to get repaired - even if you can find the parts.)[/i]

I reckon I'd accept 50 quid

[quote name='lateralus462' post='169625' date='Apr 4 2008, 09:12 AM']I'd only know by doing the same as you - checking on eBay I suppose...

I reckon I'd accept 50 quid[/quote]

...just got given a SONY DAT player for free today - but that's a fair price for what was a great machine back in the day.
Someone should snap it up!