Why become a member? ×

David Eden XLT tweeter horn diaphragm

shizznit

I blew my tweeter horn on my XLT 210 cab last week whilst using my envelope filter, but I only noticed it last night. It works ok when set to about a 1/4 turn, but starts to clip and distort from thereafter even at a low volume. So, I suspect that I have blown the diaphragm. I do use the tweeter on this cab, so I will miss it.

I have emailed David Eden this morning about it, but I am sure that they design their own speakers, but built by Eminence. So, could I just replace the diaphragm with a normal Eminence one? I am not finding anything on the interweb that is compatible with the D2700 bell tweeter that are installed in the XLT cabs.

Don't really want to spend the money replacing the tweeter horn completely with an inferior alternative. I may have to bite the bullet and order a diagphragm directly from David Eden and pay the extra carriage charge to get it delivered from the U.S., but if anyone can recommend a better solution then I am all ears and I will appreciate any advise.