Why become a member? ×

FS: Maverick S5 (active 5er (only 2 ever manufactured with this finish)

Scotticus

This isn't getting played as much as it should, for no other reason than I've just got too many basses at the minute.

Two piece American alder body
AAA Indian rosewood fretboard
One piece Canadian rock maple neck (with a nice grain pattern on the back!)
34" scale, with a very smooth purry low B
Only two made with this finish, so you won't be seeing another one of these out on the circuit
Trim pot in the rear cavity for adjusting the pickup gain (this is the hottest output I've ever played with the pot on max, so if that's your thing...)
3 band EQ, with a good punchy low end and nice zingy top
Maverick's custom rollery knobs for pickup level (they look cool, and are very practical to tweak on the fly)

These aren't being manufactured anymore, but they retailed at £599 originally. You'd be it's 3rd owner, and it's been well looked after by the two chaps who had it before you.

Looking for £350, and as much as it pains me, I can't say I'm looking for any trades (need monies, not toys). You'd be welcome to come and have a play if you're close enough to South West London.

[attachment=97318:Slightly Artistic Mav Shot.jpg]
[attachment=97319:Mav body.jpg]
[attachment=97320:Mav Headstock.jpg]
[attachment=97321:Mav's Scratches.jpg]
(Can't be seen when he's being played, but for the sake of full disclosure, here's a pic of a couple of small dinks)

Thanks for looking, drop me a PM if she tickles your fancy.
Scott

Edited by Scotticus

I bought this from new & Scott brought this from me last year.

Great bass - possibly one of the most comfortable basses i've played, great tones & as Scott says a very hot on board pre-amp.

I bought this from a shop that had two S5's custom finished in this colour - something to do with the opening of new premises apparently (wasn't local to me).

Anyways, more than acceptable selling price for a great instrument & Scott's a top bloke so buy with confidence!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...