Why become a member? ×

Freddie Goes To Mercury

AndyBob09

Easy all,

A few months ago my band, Freddie Goes To Mercury recorded our debut EP, "Rocket Science EP".

It can be listened to here:

http://soundcloud.com/freddiegoestomercury

It won't be everyone's cup of tea and it's a bit Scottish if anyone has aversions towards that. We do feature some some wee trumpet lines though.

Bass was recorded through SansAmp BDDI and another signal just straight from the bass. No amps.

Comments and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

• 10 months later...

LOVE the name. LOVE the artwork.

I really like the production on the album, the arrangements, the guitar sound, interesting progressions, the tasteful use of BVs.

I like the fact your lead singer kept his accent for the songs. I also like his voice. I'm getting a big Paolo Nutini vibe from your Rocket Science EP.

The weakest part by far, IMO, are the vocal melodies. It's not they are bad, it's that they don't go anywhere throughout the songs. They seriously lack lift come the choruses. It's dynamically flat and more-or-less on the same level throughout each section.

IMO you've got a great sound. If you can do something to the vocal lines so that they go somewhere, and have some variation, I think there would be some serious marketability in your band.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for your feedback man (I just noticed someone had responded! Haha!). It's much appreciated. The artwork was done by a friend but does us extremely well. But who's interested in artwork in this age of the digital download ;) (I most certainly am btw!)

These songs are all over a year old now and we have a lot of new material which we hope to record before the summer.

Unfortunately, our vocalist isn't a vocalist as such. He's much more of a songwriter and guitarist but does his best with the vocals.

But aye, cheers for the feedback.