Why become a member? ×

Novation KS Rack Synthesiser - £135 ONO

Up for sale is a Novation KS Rack Synthesiser. Not quite perfect condition, but fully functional.

I originally purchased this upon the departure of my bands rhythm guitarist a couple of years ago in an experimental phase to try and thicken up our sound a bit without having to get a new guy in - in the end, a Big Muff did that trick for us. This synth is better for the more "unnatural" sounds - it won't emulate a piano or anything particularly well, but if you want a nice thick synth pad/bass/lead, it'll do a stellar job of it.

I can e-mail you the full manual in PDF format, as the physical manual for this was in shoddy condition when I received it and has since been lost.

Here's is a demo of the sort of sounds you can get out of it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyoVKK0v8Kw[/media]

There are a couple of scratches on the metal surface, and a white mark, looks like it might have had a sticker on it at one point or something (I'm sure if it bothered you enough you could get rid of it). Outside of the small purely cosmetic things, it's also missing two of the knobs, but most of the controls on it use exactly the same knob and they come on and off quite easily (which is probably how it lost two along the way) so you can just do what I did, and take the knobs off of two of the controls you rarely use (there'll probably be some as it has quite a lot) and put them on. They're not hard to adjust without the knob anyway.

I paid just shy of £200 for this a couple of years ago, and the condition hasn't changed much since... I believe they retailed for a fair amount. How's about £135 + postage ONO, priced for a quick sale? I'll throw in a power cable and a midi cable, and it'll be well packed.

I'd also be interested in trades, I'm currently after a rackmounted tuner and compressor - I'm particularly interested in the Korg DTR series and the DBX 266XL, but I'm open to offers - let me know what you've got.

Edited for photos & possible trades.

Edited by Ziphoblat

[quote name='Netballman' timestamp='1323345396' post='1462188']
Whereabouts are you and how much does this weigh/ what will it cost to post?
[/quote]

I'd hazard a guess around 7-8 lbs, but it could be a touch more/less, I don't have anything to weigh it with unfortunately.

I'll post for £10 tracked. It may come to a bit more than that but I'll sub the rest.

I'm in Leeds.

Edited by Ziphoblat