Why become a member? ×

Rosewood Jazz bass neck from an 80's Squier.

Hi guys

I'm putting a feeler out there for my rosewood Jazz Bass neck. Unfortunately, the logo on it has long gone as I sanded it all off when I was smoothing out the few nicks to the lacquer on the headstock. I was going to replace it with a Fender Precision logo too as it's going on my 87 Fender P bass.

Basically, I am putting this feeler out there to see if anyone wants to trade my neck for a rosewood Fender Precision neck. I ask that it must have the skunk stripe down the back, headstock end truss rod adjustment and if possible, one of the black inserts on the truss rod hole (though that last one is not essential, just a preference). Also, it needs to be a C profile (although that is pretty much standard with P necks) so I can have it shaped to match the Steve Harris neck as the one on his P Signature Model goes from a full C profile at the first fret gradually down to a flatter D profile around the 14th. This shaping hasn't been done on the Jazz neck just so you all know.

The neck plays beautifully and feels really smooth. Only reason I'm thinking of changing it is because I've really been liking the neck on my Steve Harris Fender P lately so I want to keep on with the P bass neck.

If I was to sell it, I'd be after £100 so I could buy the replacement I want for it.

Hit me with some offers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...