Why become a member? ×

Open Tap Harmonics and Tapping/Slapping (New Video)

Captain Bass

Sounds wicked Andy

I have no criticism whatsoever to offer - my only suggestion in terms of a track would be to integrate another part, keyoard or guiair, to take the ideas even further sonically - I think you've completely developed your own style and sound and it grooves great as well - so all I can add is that to see you develop musically it would be awesome to hear some of the lovely harmonic things expanded and or doubled - but I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself.

I only say this as while this music obviously appeals to us bass heads it's also good to think about reaching out to non-bass types as well - but it's all there and I really love the development of your ideas - the end section was my fave - really cool.

One question: are the drums live or progammed? Either way - nice work.

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1323015207' post='1458287']
Sounds wicked Andy

I have no criticism whatsoever to offer - my only suggestion in terms of a track would be to integrate another part, keyoard or guiair, to take the ideas even further sonically - I think you've completely developed your own style and sound and it grooves great as well - so all I can add is that to see you develop musically it would be awesome to hear some of the lovely harmonic things expanded and or doubled - but I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself.

I only say this as while this music obviously appeals to us bass heads it's also good to think about reaching out to non-bass types as well - but it's all there and I really love the development of your ideas - the end section was my fave - really cool.

One question: are the drums live or progammed? Either way - nice work.

Cheers

Mike
[/quote]

Cheers Mike Buddy :-)

I often contemplate adding other instruments to my tracks and over dubbing more bass parts but I want to get across what I am actually doing in one single performance. This way I feel begginner bass players can see what is possible on the instrument.

However! I am taking a bold step and I am writing songs for a new rock band I'm gonna form (maybe 3 peice) and front (lead vocals) It will involve my own style of playing but in a much simpler form - to enable me to sing at the same time! (hopefully in tune)

I have always appreciated your constructive feedback in the past so I will be sure to send you an MP3 or 2!

Regards,
Andy