Why become a member? ×

FS/FT1973 SILVERFACE BASSMAN 100 & sound city 4*12 cab which has matching grill cloth & tolex

dezzy

I am selling my pride and joy as I am not gigging, it is a Handwired Silverface bassman 100 with a soundcity 4*12 cab loaded with celestions, which has the same tolex and grill cloth as the head, the cab is less than 1 year old, the bassman head tolex is scuffed and I was tempted to recover but was advised not to, anyway the head is all original, no mods ect, I have just spent £150 on brand new GT tubes which I have the receipt for (3weeks old), I will chuck in the old tubes as well, which work perfectly as well, the old ones are sovitec preamp, nos jan philips phase & ruby power tubes, not going to rime on, but only to say this head sounds amazing with guitar as guitar is what I play, it has that fender sparkle and chime and compresses when cranked, the volume knob on the bass channel has been replaced, and although it is no museum piece, but it is knocking on a bit, and as far as sound goes, I think it has blown anything away I have owned, and was the best sounding gig amp I have played, due to the nice bass it has when playing live, I think the first to try will buy, anyway if anyone is interested I will post photos tomorrow and as I said the cab is only a year old and is loaded with celestions

I am in the bishop auckland area co durham

I paid £650 for the amp and cab a year ago, and I have retubed it 1 month ago, mainly because I wanted the new owner to have fresh tubes as the old ones are 2 years or so old, so I am hoping to get my money back minus the tubes as I don't expect a buyer to pay for them, I would be open to offers if they are sencable and I knew this amp was going to a good home, as it really is killer tone.

not much else to say, handwired fender amp, that sounds incredible

I have bought a smaller amp now, so am looking for usa tele or somit

[attachment=94408:DSCF0367.JPG][attachment=94409:DSCF0373.JPG][attachment=94407:DSCF0366.JPG]yone has any trades, cash can be added, no problems their, cheers

Edited by dezzy

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1322945430' post='1457673']
if you put pictures up, I might be tempted... and also, and address to estimate trip/shipping!
[/quote]

going to go do some snaps now mate
post code for address is dl14 8yn

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1322945430' post='1457673']
if you put pictures up, I might be tempted... and also, and address to estimate trip/shipping!
[/quote]

I just did some quick snaps on camera & they are up, guitar and AC/DC book not for sale lol

I am in bishop auckland dl148yn

no worries cheers

I think the first to try will walk away, it really is a great sounding amp to mod if U wish to do so,

PS I also have a blackface kit which I orded from america for the amp, I paid £50 for the kit, which consist of some orange drops,blue ajax sprague atoms & other bits and bobs, I had the intentions to do it but never got round to it

bump

Edited by dezzy

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1323335458' post='1462047']
are you ready to split? I can be bothered by a 4x12...
[/quote]

make me an offer for the head and I will keep the cab, someone else asked that too, but he has not got back to me, so if U make me an offer I will split it, not really wanting to do ebay lol had problems on their before, cheers

if U need to text me about any details here is my number 07547538228

Edited by dezzy