Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Wharfedale WHB200C 200 Watt 2x10 Hybrid Combo

tazza1

ON HOLD PENDING PAYMENT ETC.

Hi,

[attachment=92824:WHB200Combo.jpg] [attachment=92825:PICT0045.JPG] [attachment=92826:PICT0046.JPG]

This is a real bargain - a virtually new good quality 2 x 10 combo for £140!!
I'm sure you all know the reputation Wharfedale has for high quality speakers. In 2009 they launched this range of quality guitar & bass amp heads, speaker cabs & combo's. I've had this for just over 12 months but just after I bought it I hurt my back so I've now moved onto a lightweight head & cab so this is not getting used.
If anyone wants pics I'll take some next time I'm at the rehearsal room.

Basically it is rated at 200 watts with 2 x 12AX7/ECC83 valves in the pre-amp stage & so many sound shaping options that you could probably spend a week trying different sounds out! It's fairly loud for 200 watts & I'm sure would quite easily hold it's own for small to medium sized gigs. It is built entirely in house by Wharfedale including the 2 x 10" speakers & horn.

Specs are below but I would have a look at the manual (link below) because there's more detail there:

200 watt hybrid amplifier 2x10" + horn Bass combo - special angled cabinet for session and club use where good directional sound is required.

Mixed technology 200 watt Bass Combo
2 x 10" Wharfedale Bass Technology speakers + Titanium Angled Compression driven Horn
Angled cabinet design for close sound projection
All tube preamp section for signal processing and Treble, Bass and preset EQ functions
High Voltage solid state Middle circuit
High Definition 200 watt/8ohm Solid state power amplifier
Thermostatically Fan Cooled with oversize heatsink for continuous heavy duty use
Input section - Jack input, -10dB pad switch, Gain Boost switch, Tuner Mute switch, Rotary Gain control
EQ section - push switches for Low Cut, Low Boost, High Boost & Mid Depth coupled with Bass control with 3 position Range switch, Mid control with 3 position Range switch, Treble control with 3 position Range switch
Master Output Level control
Power ON/OFF and Standby switches
Series FX loop with Bypass and Level switches
DI output with Ground Lift switch

It also has an in built 300hz crossover linked to a jack socket so that you can add an 8ohm cab as a passive sub woofer - I've tried this & it sounds awesome!

It's in great condition because it's only been used a couple of times for rehearsals & never been gigged, they are extremely well built & still retail at £469 at Electromusic.
I may be interested in a trade for a bass but I would prefer cash. Due to the weight this would need to be collected from either Desborough in Northants or from where I work in Leicester.
Here is a link to the manual:

Cheers!

[url="http://www.amps.wharfedale.com/Portals/1/PDF_Data/Brochure/MI_%20brochure.pdf"]http://www.amps.whar...%20brochure.pdf[/url]

Edited by tazza1

Hi mate, I have a couple of questions:

1. Can you get a usable overdriven sound for regular use? (ie not just a boost)
2. Any idea of the weight of the combo? (I realise that it's not going to be super light but it looks fairly compact).

ta, Jon

Edited by Adrenochrome

Hi Jon

I think it is 22kgs but I'll check for you - it is a solid well built piece of kit. I've never tried overdriving it but I would think that with the valve pre-amp section it should do that well. I'll have a play with it tomorrow & let you know.

Thanks for your interest

Cheers
Steve

Edited by tazza1

[quote name='Adrenochrome' timestamp='1320790767' post='1431587']
Cheers, I'm very interested - no need to check the weight though, I was just after a rough idea :).
[/quote]

I tried overdriving this tonight, it was a bit difficult in my garage (where it is now residing) because everything in there was resonating with the volume! but you can get a nice overdriven sound by turning up the gain & selecting the Hi & Low boost buttons. Obviously I don't know what exact sound you are looking for or whether your bass is active or passive. Hope this helps.

Cheers