Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass Body (70s Routing)

brensabre79

Hi there,

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get a Jazz bass body to fit my Squier VM Jazz Bass '77 Neck?

The neck on my Squier is truly amazing (for what I paid especially) but the body seems to be made from something horrible and the pickup routings are in the 60s position which isn't what I want. I thought about filling and re-routing, but having seen the wood underneath I thought again! So I was thinking of swapping the body completely for a replacement Swamp Ash or maybe Alder but can't seem to find anywhere decent here.

I found one place allpartsuk but they only sell pre-routed for 60s position pickups and they charge an extortionate amount of money for a body, even one made of two or three bits of wood glued together (although I know a lot of Fenders are like this underneath :) ).

Anyone else done this mod btw?

Cheers
Bren

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1320423204' post='1426756']
Warmoth do a 70s pickup position option on their jazz bodies. Don't know of any UK suppliers that offer this. Finding a local luthier to build a body to your spec may be easier.
[/quote]
Yeah I'm starting to think a luthier might be the best option. Loads of companies in the US, but nobody in the UK that charges reasonable rates. Ordering from the US doubles the cost after shipping charges :)

Thanks guys