Why become a member? ×

markbass Combo

ssab

Hi All,
Just bought a Markbass cmd 151 combo.
Can anyone explain to me what the Line Mix and ground lift is for (The head is a little Mark Head)
The little booklet that came with the amp is not very comprehensive.
Also i'm still new to all this EQ ing and sound setup malarkey :)
Thanks in advance.

Ground lift is used when you experience some humming of sorts in your signal line. Switching it on can often remove this hum by interupting the circuit at some point.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Line Mix". Is this the line out beside the ground lift switch?

I have the CMD 121P, same amp but 12" speaker. Great little amp and a big sound. I put it through an MB 15" cab for noisier gigs.

Right, that is used when you play a gig with a sound system/PA. The sound man might ask for a feed from your amp. That's where the XLR lead is plugged in. If he gets any kind of noise or interferance from that line out he might ask you to use the ground lift switch. Unless you are going into a PA you wouldn't normally use the ground lift or that line out. If you use another speaker cab with the combo you would use the speakon socket next to the combo speaker 6mm jack.