Why become a member? ×

Please remove - Bass traded.

Thomas P

Traded locally.
Regards
T.

Primarily testing the water if this could be of interest to someone in UK as the bass is situated in Denmark.

Nino Valenti
Ex US Sadowsky employee started building his own instruments back in 2005/2006 and in the meantime
approx 120 instruments have left his little workshop in New York. Try spending a bit of time on Talkbass.com and you'll notice
4 megathreads containing more than 3000 questions, replies, discussions, comments, feedback, sugestions etc concerning his
instruments. Highly regarded builder with an exciting career in front of him. His own page, valentibasses.com contains valuable
information about his designs as well as a comprehensive photo archieve of finished instruments.

Up for offer is a Vintage PJ J5 sn.#66 which is a:

5 string 34" 21 fret bass with 19 mm (3/4") string spacing at bridge
Finish: The always attractive Olympic White with tortoise pickguard, black pot. knobs and chrome hardware
Body. Slightly downsized Alder jazz body with exceptional good access to upper register as well as comfortable shaping.
Neck: Maple neck with Pau Ferro fretboard and what seems to be medium sized frets with no wear, String compression bridge at head
Pu's: Nordstrand NPJ5S. P pick has been re-arranged to normal position by one of the previous owners,
Pre-amp: Aguilar OBP3 with volume and active/passive switch, blend, middle with push/pull for 400/800hz, stacked bass and treble
Hardware: Chromed Hipshot
Weight: A very comfortable 3.5-4 kg.
Other: Straplocks

I normally play normal sized 35" 5 string jazz basses and this Valenti is soooooooo easy to play and control when compared, and yet with
the full potential of a real 5 string. Put it this way, the strap i use with this bass is 1" less in width than the ones for my other basses, and still
a bass you could carry all night without a discomfort.

Sound: Big fat punchy yet clear and defined like a grand piano and with the Aguilar preamp and Nordy Pu's you can dial in any tone you'd like.

Now I all ready have a couple of very nice basses so the only thing missing in my arsenal is a fretless 5 string, and should you happen to have
a Mike Lull M5V, preferable fretless, I would be more than willing to trade in this Valenti. I'm actually far more interested in a trade than selling, but like
all excellent US custom build modern jazz basses this Valenti is in the 1300 £ or 1500 € price range.

Don't hesitate to call or mail me for further info and additional photo's.

Kind Regards
Thomas Petersen
Esbjerg/Denmark
+45 6120 9520
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] alternatively [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Edited by Thomas P