Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Ampeg Portabass PB210 for sale

ivok80

[size=4][font=Arial]I'm selling my Ampeg Portabass PB210H bass speaker cabinet. [/font][/size]I have replaced the original speakers with a pair of Eminence Beta-10's, which made it sound even punchier and louder!

The new speakers are only a few months old and as good as new.

[font=Arial][size=4]It's a really great sounding cab for live and studio and it's very easy to move around. I'm only selling it because i have too many bass cabs and need to free up some floor space in my flat.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]The original list price for this was $899.-, which was a bit overpriced to be honest, but it's Ampeg i guess..[/size][/font]

[b]£ 250.-[/b]
[font=Arial][size=4][b]Shipped to UK address only for £30.- [/b]or can be picked up from Kilburn, North London.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]Any questions, feel free to message me.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][b]Manufacturer's Description for Ampeg PB210H Porta Bass Cabinet (400 Watts, 2x10 in.)[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]The PortaBass enclosures delivers incredible power and volume. The cabinets are constructed of a high-quality Italian poplar plywood that resonates sonically enhancing your bass tone, yet is amazingly lightweight and easy to move. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]2 x 10", 400w RMS, 1" compression driver, built-in dolly. Great match with the PB800 and PB250 heads.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]The removable telescoping dolly-style handle allows you to load and "roll" to the stage, even if you're already carrying your upright bass. Now with PortaBass... there are no obstacles to full powerful tone or the stage.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][b]Features[/b][/size][/font][list]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]Inputs 1/4" and Speakon [/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]RMS Wattage 400 Watts RMS 600 Watts Program [/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]Weight (with newly replaced speakers 20kg)[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]Vertical cab[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]HF horn enhances articulation[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]Cab is constructed of Italian poplar plywood that offers lighter weight and greater resonance[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]A removable telescoping handle lets you load and roll to the stage[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]HF variable L-pad control[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]1/4" and Neutrik Speakon connectors[/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]15"W x 24"H x 15.5"D[/size][/font]
[/list]

Edited by ivok80

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm kinda interested in the cab but have a few questions before I can offer anything.

Would you mind telling me why you changed the speakers? surely the stock neodynium ones were pretty sweet, not to mention 5kg lighter

What is the impedance and power now with the new speakers in?

How old is it?

Any hiss?

Also, wasn’t this on ebay a while back?

I'm new to bass chat so wondering how the sales normally go down. Don’t mean to be completely untrusting, but is it just a case of sending the money and hoping the seller is honest? I don’t expect there is any support like there is with ebay or anything, but thought I’d ask.

Thanks alot!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I changed the speakers because i had problems with one of the neodymium drivers. there was some weird low volume distortion going on and no one could tell me why. i heard good things about the eminence drivers and they really sound great. i kind of prefer them to the neodymium one's. No hiss, sounds kristal clear.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Th cab is around 7 years old and has a few scratches, but all the handles, plug sockets and the trolley is in perfect working order.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Yes, i had it on ebay a few months ago, but then the winning bidder turned out to be from greece (although i specified uk bidders only) and i wasn't prepared to ship it there.[/font][/color]
the cab is currently in kilburn (north london) and you are welcome to come and try it out.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]thanks![/font][/color]

• 1 month later...

I used this cab with a little mark II and it sounded great.
hard to describe.. but in my opinion the ampeg sounds deeper and has got more bottom end. the mark bass cab is slightly more transparent.. and a bit lighter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...