Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fostex VF80EX Digital 8 Track Recorder

Time for this to move on, it's in great condition and has been fully cleaned (hard drive wiped and a dusting!). Power lead and owners manual included. This one doesn't have the cd burner but I've never needed it as I just hooked it up to my computer to get stuff off it.

Looking for £80 for this plus postage which I think will be about £10. Or, if you'd prefer, you can come and get it, I'm in South Manchester.

[attachment=90355:fostex.JPG]

Official specs from the Fostex website here:

Great value all-in-one workstation
The VF80 EX continues the Fostex tradition of offering high-value self-contained recording solutions which simply offer musicians everything they need. The VF80 EX is ideal for guitarists and musicians wanting a compact solution capable of capturing ideas and songs with minimal fuss. The superb amp simulators and flexible input stages make for easy sound capture..

Flexible and easy to use
A total 8 track recording studio - complete with digital mixing, digital effects including stunning amp simulators and CD mastering. 8 main tracks plus 16 'Ghost' tracks mean you can record different versions of vocals, drum grooves, guitar parts, etc., and choose which of the 8 tracks you wish to reproduce and mix. There’s a built-in ‘Training Mode’ with ‘auto muting’ of sounds at the centre of the stereo mix and slow down of playback without altering pitch; high-gain input stages with balanced XLR / unbalanced jacks, trim control and switchable +48V phantom power; a great 2-band EQ with 36 presets; and a 99 ‘mix scene’ memory allowing you to store a complete mix for later recall or scene sequence. Mastering to CD is a snap. Bounce tracks 1-6 to a stereo pair with just one button push and add unique Mastering Effects.

Uncompressed Recording to Hard Drive
8 + 16 additional ghost tracks
Non Linear Audio Editing
Non-destructive, non linear Copy/Move-Paste / Erase audio editing
Digital Mixer
7 x track faders and 1 x Master fader (stereo buss) - all 60mm
Mic/Line Inputs x 2
indicatorsWith phantom powered balanced XLRs and unbalanced 6mm jacks. Trim controls, on/off switches and peak LED
Built-in Digital Channel Effects
Fostex A.S.P.+ technology with 44 effect types including amp simulations & distortion
Mastering Libraries
10 preset Mastering Libraries: Flat, Wet Mix, Light Mix, Live Mix, Pop Mix, Dance, Hard, 70’s, Hall and Lo-Fi modes
Mastering Mode
Using tracks 7 & 8 with EQ, compressor and effects
Equalization
2-band EQ on channels 1-6 (shelving type) plus 36 EQ presets
CD Mastering
Master to CD-R/RW

Edited by gemdids