Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NOW SOLD!

[quote name='chriscassar' timestamp='1316646838' post='1381046']
I'm selling my Stentor Student II 3/4 bass as I'm in need of a larger bass. These come out a little smaller than some other instruments and being 6'2" I'm finding it a little on the short side! Never been a problem up until the last 18 months as it only came out for the odd jazz gig once in a blue moon but since then, I've been playing more upright than electric. So....after recurring back problems (trapped nerves and various other very painful problems) I'm on the hunt for a bass I can play standing as straight as possible!!

Details are as follows. I'll get some pictures up in a couple of days as I'm away from the bass at the moment.

Stentor Student II 3/4 all solid
Strung with Spirocore Medium tension strings (fitted 3 months ago after experimenting with a few other types)
Low action,
Solid Carved spruce front
Solid maple back and sides
Ebony top nut
Ebony fingerboard
Alloy tailpiece
Spare adjustable bridge (cut to fit this bass beautifully) not fitted at this time
Spare tail wooden (unknown stained hardwood) tail piece
Spare tail guts
High quality heavy duty gig bag with 40mm padding also water proof (to a degree) which was (£149)
Think I've still got a set of Weedwhacker strings I'll chuck in with it too, they were fitted for about 2 weeks but I couldn't get on with them,

Its been Gigged and had a few knocks and dings but no cracks or splits and has never had any repairs at all.
I'm after around £750 for it. They go for £875 new but then you're looking at another £50 just to have it set up + you've got £300 worth of cover & and strings with it.

The bass can be heard here: [url="http://www.goosebumpsmusic.co.uk/audio.html"]http://www.goosebumpsmusic.co.uk/audio.html[/url]

If you go to the videos section there's a clip filmed in the studio which was just the dry monitor mix we had in our cans during recording, you can hear the bass before any production was done.

The bass is in Maidstone, Kent if anyone want's to try it. I'm afraid I'm willing to ship it so it's collection only.

I might be interested in a trade if someone has a larger similar spec upright, but ideally I want cash for it.

I don't always get notifications for things I post on here so if don't reply straight away please bare with me, I'll check back every day or so alternatively you can email me at: [email protected]
[/quote]

I'm selling my Stentor Student II 3/4 bass as I'm in need of a larger bass. These come out a little smaller than some other instruments and being 6'2" I'm finding it a little on the short side! Never been a problem up until the last 18 months as it only came out for the odd jazz gig once in a blue moon but since then, I've been playing more upright than electric. So....after recurring back problems (trapped nerves and various other very painful problems) I'm on the hunt for a bass I can play standing as straight as possible!!

Details are as follows. I'll get some pictures up in a couple of days as I'm away from the bass at the moment.

Stentor Student II 3/4 all solid
Strung with Spirocore Medium tension strings (fitted 3 months ago after experimenting with a few other types)
Low action,
Solid Carved spruce front
Solid maple back and sides
Ebony top nut
Ebony fingerboard
Alloy tailpiece
Spare adjustable bridge (cut to fit this bass beautifully) not fitted at this time
Spare tail wooden (unknown stained hardwood) tail piece
Spare tail guts
High quality heavy duty gig bag with 40mm padding also water proof (to a degree) which was (£149)
Think I've still got a set of Weedwhacker strings I'll chuck in with it too, they were fitted for about 2 weeks but I couldn't get on with them,

Its been Gigged and had a few knocks and dings but no cracks or splits and has never had any repairs at all.
I'm after around £750 for it. They go for £875 new but then you're looking at another £50 just to have it set up + you've got £300 worth of cover & and strings with it.

The bass can be heard here: [url="http://www.goosebumpsmusic.co.uk/audio.html"]http://www.goosebumpsmusic.co.uk/audio.html[/url]

If you go to the videos section there's a clip filmed in the studio which was just the dry monitor mix we had in our cans during recording, you can hear the bass before any production was done.

The bass is in Maidstone, Kent if anyone want's to try it. I'm afraid I'm willing to ship it so it's collection only.

I might be interested in a trade if someone has a larger similar spec upright, but ideally I want cash for it.

I don't always get notifications for things I post on here so if don't reply straight away please bare with me, I'll check back every day or so alternatively you can email me at: [email protected]

Edited by chriscassar