Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
Grand Wazoo

Just a lil tip from my bag o' tricks

[color=#0000ff][i][size=5][b]How not to look like an idjeet when playing "ALL RIGHT NOW" from FREE[/b][/size][/i][/color]

I went to see a mate playing last month, and in their setlist they play "All Right Now" by FREE, during the guitar solo the bass plays this riff where you are rushing up and down the neck from the top to the dusty end to play 17th / 19th fret 16th / 19th frets, right?

Well I haven't played that number in ages although I just remembered the way in which I used to approach it slightly differently and with economy in mind, by playing the whole thing up the 2nd position between frets 4 to 7.

Here is how I do it:

The numbers below are the frets that you press and the relevant strings

as many times as required

E string = 5 / 5 / 5 / B string = 5 / 7 / E string = 5 / 5 / B string = 7 / 5 / Now the harmonics = / 5th fret G string / 5th fret D string / 4th freth D string / 5th fret D string

E string = 5 / 5 / 5 / B string = 5 / 7 / E string = 5 / 5 / B string = 7 / 5 / Now the harmonics = / 5th fret G string / 5th fret D string / 4th freth D string / 5th fret D string

[b][i]Simples![/i][/b]

Try it with a chorus and a compressors and those harmonics will ring much better than the fretted notes [b]and[/b] at the same pitch as the notes you would play up the 17th and 19th fret without you having to jump up and down the neck like an idjeet! LOL :) :)