Why become a member? ×

Peavey International Series Fretless 5 - Now Sold

mattlim

Sugden sold this to me a while back, a great way to get into fretless bass. Works great, no frills, does what it says on the tin. I'm sure seeing as it's making it's way through the forum, many people can attest to it's playability.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Collection from Cambridge preferred, but willing to post if you cover P&P.

Edited by mattlim

My main bass is a Peavey, I think you get a great bass for the money.

I would love a fretless to accompny it; if only it didn't have that silly extra string that some basses seem to have on them! :)

So for anyone who wants a fretless 5, you won't get better for your money than this I'm sure!

I'm surprised I haven't had more interest, when I bought it everyone was clamoring to get it and I almost felt like I won a race when I finally bought it. You can't find better value if you want to try your hand at fretless. Has a beautiful muah to it and passive electronics, 2 volume controls and 2 tone controls. Very solid, very sturdy and sounds the part, does not sound 'cheap' at all. Structurally looks great, tight neck pocket, no crack or even dings that I can find. As I said before, Sugden (a b/c member) sold it to me and I think it was owned by another b/c member before him. I'm sure they'd both will testify that there's absolutely nothing 'wrong' with the bass and sold only to upgrade. If you're not sure if you'll like fretless and just want to give it a go this is a great deal!

Thanks for the interest, you're right! It is currently strung with roundwounds and the fingerboard is still unmarked.

The bass is light measuring in (very roughly on my bathroom scale) at 3.5-4kg (7.7-8.8lbs). In relative terms I have a Warwick Corvette and a 70s Jazz (both 4 string) and they each weigh more than it.

• 2 weeks later...