Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tascam CD-BT2 Portable CD Bass Trainer

johnnyacoustic1

Im thinking of buying a Tascam CD-BT2
the kit Im have at present is a line 6 JM$ looper, Good for lead guitar plenty of voices and a great looper but the playback controls are simply to basic
with no function to go back a short jump and sound quality is an issue
If you have one Id Like to hear how your getting on with it

thanks in advance
Johnny

I have the CD-BT1, it was a gift from a friend of mine and I didn't really see much use of it.

Until recently, I had a play with the features and they just went on forever.. and ever.. and now I never play at home without it! I burned a disk of the tracks I want to be practicing, it took a matter of minutes - no skin off my back. I just have a CD marked 'Bass Trainer' and I change the line-up when ever I need to, the CD thing really isn't restrictive.

Mine too has met the floor many times, and although the BT1 is much flimsier than the BT2 it's still not got a mark on it. I love mine to bits :)

[quote name='PerfectionBG' post='1350114' date='Aug 24 2011, 12:01 PM']I have the CD-BT1, it was a gift from a friend of mine and I didn't really see much use of it.

Until recently, I had a play with the features and they just went on forever.. and ever.. and now I never play at home without it! I burned a disk of the tracks I want to be practicing, it took a matter of minutes - no skin off my back. I just have a CD marked 'Bass Trainer' and I change the line-up when ever I need to, the CD thing really isn't restrictive.

Mine too has met the floor many times, and although the BT1 is much flimsier than the BT2 it's still not got a mark on it. I love mine to bits :)[/quote]

Had one but sold it. It is easier to use software such as Amazingslowerdowner or some such and a laptop. You can loop or detune Mp3s, AIFF or whatever.

[quote name='synaesthesia' post='1352742' date='Aug 26 2011, 05:13 PM']Had one but sold it. It is easier to use software such as Amazingslowerdowner or some such and a laptop. You can loop or detune Mp3s, AIFF or whatever.[/quote]

Ive been asking around the local guitar group and it seem that Tascam do another bit of kit called the GTR-1
This model will play back mp3 at the slower speeds and let you practice with it as a stand alone but has one advantage in that it has a pair of mics that knock out studio quality recordings.

this will let me record the group sessions and take it home to practice / jam
the unit is priced at just under £200