Why become a member? ×

Hi, I organise and promote bass masterclasses in the UK

kofi

Hey,
My name is Kofi and I am the promoter for www.bassmasterclass.com

You can call it a hobby, and it is -but I love to learn and I can imagine most of you do too. I just ran a 2 day masterclass featuring Todd Johnson in Wales and the students loved it. We ran it at the new Wales Millennium Centre - a hot venue in a hot location in Cardiff.

Ill tell you why I love to organise these things - we dont get too many of these here in the UK, and compared to our friends across the pond we are lagging behind. I think we need to add more to our bass community and by holding educational events like these we support the artists we admire, learn a load of material, we get personally challenged on our instrument, make new friends, keep the community alive and personally grow as real musicians ourselves and not just bass fanatics!

Im thinking of doing something similar again in early June 2008 where Steve, Matt and Yves will come over and teach a day each over a 'long weekend'.

It would be a package deal - you get the most out of it by being there for the 3 days.

I guess I just want to find out whether it's likely you'd be interested.

Of course it would require a monetary investment and for those of you who dont live in Cardiff, youd probably have to travel here but if the price is right and if you need accomodation, and if we can fix you up with something cheap, would you come?

Feel free to write me and let me know your thoughts. Check out the site and see what its all about as well. I need to do some updating so bear with me! There will pics of the Todd Johnson event and student comments coming soon.

Cheers,

Kofi

PS - Some folks have already been emailing me to let them know as soon as such an event involving these 3 artists take place. If I go ahead with this and open up for bookings Ill have to let these guys know first so be aware - it will be a first come first serve thing. And I think 20 people is going to be the maximum number of bookings.
No bootcamps - just quality teaching! Thats what I believe in.

Edited by kofi