Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Ampeg PF115he WITHDRAWN

Due to Wembley Guitar Centre’s ridiculous 7 days return policy, I’m being forced to sell this privately. They didn’t explain the policy at the time and so it was only when it was too late that I found out.
This cab can only be described as brand new, it has been taken from the shop floor straight to my house, sat on a stool and has never been gigged, hardly been used and today is it’s 3 week birthday!

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it (in fact I challenge you to find something wrong with it, I could take it back then!), there’s no back of the lorry stuff going on here, just bad refunds-policy-research on my part

[i]Vintage Portaflex flip-top cabinet design
• Black diamond tolex
• Vintage B-15 grille cloth
• Rugged 15mm poplar ply enclosure
· 450W RMS power handling @ 8 ohms
· 1 x 15˝ ceramic Eminence® LF driver
· 1˝ HF compression driver w/L-Pad level control
· Frequency response: 44 Hz – 17 kHz
· Sensitivity: 99.5 dB SPL @ 1w/1m
· Dimensions (H x W x D inches): 23 x 21 x 14
· Handling weight: 45 lbs / 20.4 kg[/i]

[attachment=86122:IMG_0948.JPG]
[attachment=86123:IMG_0954.JPG]
[attachment=86124:IMG_0956.JPG]
[attachment=86125:IMG_0957.JPG]
[attachment=86126:IMG_0958.jpg]

Pickup from Reading, Berkshire.

Will also consider trading for a Barefaced cab.

Cheers,

Tom :)
07795 323949

Edited by [email protected]

[quote name='[email protected]' post='1324340' date='Aug 2 2011, 03:06 PM']Due to Wembley Guitar Centre’s ridiculous 7 days return policy, I’m being forced to sell this privately. They didn’t explain the policy at the time and so it was only when it was too late that I found out.
This cab can only be described as brand new, it has been taken from the shop floor straight to my house, sat on a stool and has never been gigged, hardly been used and today is it’s 3 week birthday!

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it (in fact I challenge you to find something wrong with it, I could take it back then!), there’s no back of the lorry stuff going on here, just bad refunds-policy-research on my part

[i]Vintage Portaflex flip-top cabinet design
• Black diamond tolex
• Vintage B-15 grille cloth
• Rugged 15mm poplar ply enclosure
· 450W RMS power handling @ 8 ohms
· 1 x 15˝ ceramic Eminence® LF driver
· 1˝ HF compression driver w/L-Pad level control
· Frequency response: 44 Hz – 17 kHz
· Sensitivity: 99.5 dB SPL @ 1w/1m
· Dimensions (H x W x D inches): 23 x 21 x 14
· Handling weight: 45 lbs / 20.4 kg[/i]

[attachment=86122:IMG_0948.JPG]
[attachment=86123:IMG_0954.JPG]
[attachment=86124:IMG_0956.JPG]
[attachment=86125:IMG_0957.JPG]
[attachment=86126:IMG_0958.jpg]

With all of the above in mind, I’m asking for £360.
Pickup from Reading, Berkshire.

Will also consider trading for a Barefaced cab.

Cheers,

07795 323949[/quote]

Ahh Tom what you want to trade it for has answered my question!

Probably a couple of daft questions, but here goes anyway...

Does the cab come with casters and necessary fixings for attaching a PF head?

Secondly, may I ask why you are selling it? I assume it's not meeting your expectations somehow?

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Nope not daft questions, fully understandable.

The attachments and casters are all there, I think they may actually come with the head but I've not problem including them.

Secondly, I'm selling it because it's just not quite the sound I'm after. There's no issues, just issues in my head! It's very good at what it does but I'm very (very) fussy and it's just not the sound I'm after in my head. So, when I'd decided that it didn't have that particular sound I tried to take it back, and now I've ended up here!

Hope that answers it for you!

[quote name='[email protected]' post='1330318' date='Aug 6 2011, 08:36 PM']Hi Geoff,

Nope not daft questions, fully understandable.

The attachments and casters are all there, I think they may actually come with the head but I've not problem including them.

Secondly, I'm selling it because it's just not quite the sound I'm after. There's no issues, just issues in my head! It's very good at what it does but I'm very (very) fussy and it's just not the sound I'm after in my head. So, when I'd decided that it didn't have that particular sound I tried to take it back, and now I've ended up here!

Hope that answers it for you!

Tom :)[/quote]

Thanks Tom, totally understand about the 'sound' thing you talk about. As for the fixings - I have a PF500 and none came with it so I assumed that they either came with the cab, or had to be purchased separately. And sorry to hear you got caught out by a returns policy like that.

Ok, so my next question :) - I see you've mentioned you are after a possible trade for a Barefaced cab: anything in particular in mind? I have a Midget that I am considering liberating to a new home....

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Glad you understand, has anybody found their perfect sound??!
And if the head didn't come with attachments then of course you can have mine.

As for the Midget, please tell me it's a T!? And to further make my evening, has it also got a silver grill??
I think; if the answer is no to both questions then I will have to regretfully decline. To be honest I'm not too sure which barefaced I'm after but I definitely want some kind of tweeter! Maybe a compact and midget T, Super Twelve, Big One (yes I know not quite a T :) ) or Big Baby.

Does the prospect of a swap affect your decision?

:)

Oh blast and double blast. Its a non-T with the metal grill! :)

I'm really only up for a trade at the moment to be honest, if the right thing comes up (and a PF115 is interesting to me). I also have a Compact and am keeping that for now - unless I am persuaded otherwise lol.

Anyway, if a swap for my Midget is out of the question, then I really hope you move the PF cab soon. I've had a some contact re the Midget, so may follow one of those up.

Cheers

Geoff

Tom,

Unfortunately that's not my plan at the moment, to be honest. The Compact brings me much happiness and it's the Midget that I'd ideally like to change if I can - perhaps for another Compact even lol. That would be a nice stack indeed.

Cheers

Geoff