Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Stratocaster USA

[u][b]Fender Stratocaster USA[/b][/u]

Everyone knows that Fenders vary in quality from guitar to guitar. This is definitely a "good one". Sounds and plays great with superb natural resonance. Its a 60th anniversary in olympic white. The guitar is all original apart from the pickups have been upgraded to some fantastic bare knuckle irish tours and the pick guard has been changed from white to tortoise shell. Also the 2nd tone knob controls the bridge pickup as opposed to the the middle pickup - this is a popular mod that many strat players do. It could also be easily reversed if one wanted. The back plate has been left off for the ease of changing strings but is also included with the appropriate screws along with the trem arm.

Condition is 8/10. A few minor dings from general use but that's it.

In summary, a great strat that makes me question why I'm keeping a custom shop version over this

Any questions, fire away. [b]Looking for £500 ono[/b]

[b]Pics[/b]

Edited by TimmyC

Hi,

Does this come with the original case?

Also are you intereseted in trades/part ex's? at all? I got a few strats (tokai springy sound, partscaster), fender tele 72 thinline, Mesa boogie maverick amp, roland jc that could be used for trades/part ex's.

cheers,

tom

[quote name='TimmyC' post='1323187' date='Aug 1 2011, 03:27 PM'][u][b]Fender Stratocaster USA[/b][/u]

Everyone knows that Fenders vary in quality from guitar to guitar. This is definitely a "good one". Sounds and plays great with superb natural resonance. Its a 60th anniversary in olympic white. The guitar is all original apart from the pickups have been upgraded to some fantastic bare knuckle irish tours and the pick guard has been changed from white to tortoise shell. Also the 2nd tone knob controls the bridge pickup as opposed to the the middle pickup - this is a popular mod that many strat players do. It could also be easily reversed if one wanted. The back plate has been left off for the ease of changing strings but is also included with the appropriate screws along with the trem arm.

Condition is 8/10. A few minor dings from general use but that's it.

In summary, a great strat that makes me question why I'm keeping a custom shop version over this :)

Any questions, fire away. [b]Looking for £480 ono[/b]

[b]Pics[/b]

[/quote]

I gotta say that strat appeals to me on every level. A peach!

I’m really not in the market for another guitar right now but I’m gonna come back a few times and look at the pix just to make sure that my temptation threshold holds out ...

[quote name='thomasw88' post='1325721' date='Aug 3 2011, 02:45 PM']What condition are the frets in? Can you do a couple of pics of the bk pups and also the cavity routing?

Cheers

Tom[/quote]

Frets are in really good condition, only very minor signs of wear.

Here's the pics you wanted

• 1 month later...