Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor

geilerbass

[b]NOW SOLD[/b]

Since getting hold of a Pod X3 some months back, I no longer have any use for my Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor, so here it is for sale.

These were released in the mid-90s (this one according to the included warranty card from 1993) and are a stomp-box-based version of the same compressor that was found in the SMX amps from the same period.

It's compression is fairly subtle - not as obvious as the Aphex Punch Factory, nor the EBS Multicomp - but great for evening out your signal and adding clarity to more complex passages.

Being a dual-band compressor, the low and high signals are split and then compressed differently before being blended back together. The highs are put through a fast attack compression and the lows through a slow attack and the level of compression on each is controlled separately. There is also a control for the mix of the signal that is returned, so you can create a huge all sorts of different compression combinations.

There are also input and output level controls, as well as a separate switch to turn the high compression on and off independently of the low compression.

The pedal runs on 18V so requires two 9V batteries or an 18V DC power supply.

The pedal is in very good condition considering its age, with just some superficial marks on the casing, and a rubber plug missing from one of the corners on the base, as the only defects I've found. It still works perfectly and even comes with the original box, warranty leaflet, instruction manual and catalog. I'm looking for £80 posted.

Here are some photos: -

[attachment=85437:TESMX01.jpg][attachment=85438:TESMX02.jpg][attachment=85439:TESMX03.jpg]
[attachment=85440:TESMX04.jpg][attachment=85441:TESMX05.jpg][attachment=85442:TESMX06.jpg]

Edited by geilerbass