Why become a member? ×

Custom EV10BX 1 x 10" Bass cab with passive radiator

Feeler: Speaker Geeks please read!

I need some advice and direction as to what to do with my custom made bass cab that i've been using for DB for ages. (Just got a Wizzy-10 so looking to shift this one). I really want to sell it now, but its not a 'label' brand. It was hand made by my old bass tutor (John Banks in brighton if anyone knows him), a bass pro of about 40 years, and a bit of a techie in my mind if hes making his own custom speaker cabs.

Basically its an EV10BX speaker with another EV10BX with the magnet removed acting as a passive radiator out the bottom of the cab instead of the normal port. Apparently this improves tone and makes things a lot more efficient, although i have little knowledge of the workings of these kind of things. managing 4 strings is enough. Where do i plug it in!

I still have the magnet for the second EV10BX so still saleable as two speakers. In a solid, sealed cabinet - solid construction with a Speakon connection on top and a carry handle on the side. I cant provide decent quality photos at the moment as my wife is away with both the family cameras.

Very, very Loud, with great tone and served me well for a couple of years.

How much do you reckon this is worth? even if its for parts. I'm thinking Circa £200, paypal or COC.

Offers? Anyone? Please tell me if this is way over priced... If you in the brighton area, come and have a play on it.