Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD

Dr.Dave

I just haven't got round to having the work done on this that I intended when I bought it and I've finally decided I never will - so it's for sale again.

I bought it used 2 years ago and most of the following is what Jon told me.

He made it for a customer who ordered through a shop in the early days of his bass making. He remembers it quite well. The bolt-on neck is ebony on some sort of fancy maple. It has side dots in the usual place and fret lines scribed in. They are very light so could easily be removed or filled in so they can be seen better.

The body is solid wenge and quite dark with an oil finish. The pup is a Kent Armstrong originally made for Goodfellow basses.

Aside from the vol knob the guy wanted a strange combination of mid shifts. I've never worked out what's really going on but it does make for a huge variety of excellent sounds. 3 of the 4 are clicked in the mid position , the one that isn't doesn't seem to do anything much but maybe it's me being cloth eared. The electrics are Jon's own and are powered with a single 9v battery.

It came to me with a Wilkinson bridge , over complicated and sold on - the brass mitey mite in the pic has been changed for a chunky black no-name job but you can have both.

Condition is very good , no dings . You can see evidence of bridge replacement , ie the screw holes from the Wilkinson though I put 2 small screws in the holes for neatness.
In a certain light you can see a small patch on the fingerboard by the heel end that looks to me like it was cleaned with wire wool or similar. Sure it would t-cut out. I never bothered because I was going to have the scribe lines sanded out. Fingerboard wear is minimal and mostly on the A string.

I'm cutting my losses on this one so wanting a bit less than I have tied up in it - £300 would be nice and I'll include delivery though you're quite welcome to collect.

That's a living,breathing Shuker for the cost of a Fender Mex folks.

Edited by Dr.Dave

• 1 month later...

dont, please.
I cant afford it and I really want one of jons bass's.
ive got myself into far too much debt over gas this last year.

Can someone please buy this quick so I dont start having nightmares about my credit card statements.

cant believe you only want £300 for it. its a Steal!