Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Jetking Bass - brown sunburst - £195

Mod_Machine

Hi,
Im selling my ibanez Jetking 4 string bass.
[attachment=82985:Image0714.jpg]

proper blurb reads....
The Ibanez JTKB200 4-String Bass Guitar, Jetking, Brown Sunburst. 70's vintage-feel passive bass with classic tones and looks, at a great price.

The Ibanez JTKB200 bass guitar has superb vintage retro style. Sometimes, picking up an older weapon brings all the urgency of the battles of the past rushing back. The JTKB200 brings to life a time when the clubs weren't quite as tame and being on the road was a crash course in survival. The Jet King bass has classic tones and looks, but is ready for the harsh realities of the modern world. The JTKB200-BS has a mahogany body, a comfortable JTKB maple neck, a rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays and 22 medium frets. The JTB10 bridge keeps the tuning stability well. The Ibanez JTKB 200 Jet King Bass is fitted with warm sounding ACHB passive soapbar pickups and classic knobs. The JTKB200 delivers all the quality you expect from Ibanez at a very affordable price.

The main features of the Ibanez JTKB200 include:
•70's vintage-feel passive bass with classic tones and looks, at a great price
•Chrome-covered passive soapbar pickups
•Durable saddle anchors for hard picking players
•3pc JTKB maple neck
•Mahogany body
•Rosewood Fingerboard with pearl dot inlays
•Scale: 864mm/34 inch
•Width at Nut: 40mm
•22 Medium frets
•Chrome hardware
•JTB10 bridge (19mm string spacing)
•ACHB-2 Neck Pickup
•ACHB-2 Bridge Pickup
•2 Volume, 1 Tone control/s

I bought this to celebrate the band getting signed as my first 'real' bass. I loved its solidness, retro looks and modern day reliabilty and I used it on he bands debut EP (have a listen at www.kiltotake.com for an idea of it recorded)
However my playing style seems to be more suited to the shorter scale and so it was that my ibanez was quickly replaced as my main bass by a mustang rebuild and a modified 70s jedson as a backup.

Ill be honest - its in absolutely lovely condition but hopefully the pics should prove that, the sound of the ibanez is better than my current choices. Its more diverse. It holds its tuning perfectly due to its massive bridge and the intonation is spot on accross the whole neck....but its not short scale and i physically struggle to play it!

So here it is £195 buyer collects from bedfordshire (i can travel up to a point or deliver if nearby when gigging elsewhere in the country). Its of course available for viewing and a quick play and if not your cup of tea, you will still be welcome to a cup of tea anyway!

Any questions just ask...however ill be sticking on ebay as well shortly.
[attachment=82986:Image0715.jpg][attachment=82987:Image0718.jpg]

As you can see a couple of small changes from standard. the JETKING sticker has been removed from the scratch plate and a pickup cover added to the bridge pickup (due to where i rest my hand when i play). The strings are nanowebs and havent been gigged - in fact they have predominantly sat on the bass as a piece of expensive wall art for about 9 months!

[attachment=82988:Image0717.jpg]
This is the only mark on the bass - its a small chip mostly unoticeable due to proximity to edge of body and size of bridge. Its the glaze thats chipped and is approx 1mm in diameter.

[attachment=82989:Image0720.jpg]
No buckle rash or visible scratches on the rear either.

[attachment=82990:Image0721.jpg]
Neck is straight - though the one thing i never really liked about the neck was that it has a more 'satin' finish than i usually like and i found i had to polish it after every gig or rehearsal.

[attachment=82991:Image0724.jpg]
And finally a pic of the machine heads - still smooth and missing nothing that should be there (plus reference number.)

Hope this is acceptable and useful amount of photos, but of course anything else please feel free to ask and ill sort quickly. They fetch £280 prand new so i hope that £195 is seen as realistic.

Many thanks

Karl

This is now on ebay so if you fancy a punt here you go!

No reserve, and with a 99p starting

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320716851040&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT[/url]

BUMP!

Last chance only a day and a few hours left on ebay...no reserve and a bargain even at the original asking price!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT[/url]