advice for my dull sounding ashdwn 410t deep cab

mr.gritstoner

so i just got a bargain on a rig;

mag 250 head.

mag115 deep cab

mag 410t deep cab

all blue line speakers and about 8 years old

the lot for 300 knicker.

the 115 sounds great,will make you drop your balls into your socks.
But on the 410 the tweeter doesent work but just crackles when you switch it on. i have checked the lead ect and all fine so i unscrewed the tweeter and it looks fine at the back. thing is it makes noise when you turn treble up,like a quiet buzzing but still doesent appear to work and it makes the whole rig sound dull.

how do i go about replacing these things? and when i do, is there a better tweeter i could put in whilst im doing the job? i like a nice ringing treble for slap and harmonics etc.

[quote name='mr.gritstoner' post='1241772' date='May 23 2011, 03:54 PM']so i just got a bargain on a rig;

mag 250 head.

mag115 deep cab

mag 410t deep cab

all blue line speakers and about 8 years old

the lot for 300 knicker.

the 115 sounds great,will make you drop your balls into your socks.
But on the 410 the tweeter doesent work but just crackles when you switch it on. i have checked the lead ect and all fine so i unscrewed the tweeter and it looks fine at the back. thing is it makes noise when you turn treble up,like a quiet buzzing but still doesent appear to work and it makes the whole rig sound dull.

how do i go about replacing these things? and when i do, is there a better tweeter i could put in whilst im doing the job? i like a nice ringing treble for slap and harmonics etc.[/quote]

Id have a word with Ashdown's service dept as they are one of the most helpful out there, think there is a send a question bit on their website