Why become a member? ×

jazz bass lesson video -jazz standard bass lines and applying the modes

Compliments of Constructing Walking Jazz Bass Lines

The following video lesson is an example taken from " Standard Lines - The chord scale relationship method "

The bass lesson shows the use of the Locrian Mode over a standard jazz chord progression.

[url="http://constructingwalkingjazzbasslines.com/jazz-bass-lesson-video-jazz.html"]http://constructingwalkingjazzbasslines.co...video-jazz.html[/url]

enjoy.

I just bought these three books - Standard Lines, Blues and Rhythm Changes. If nothing else, they are brilliant for improving your sight reading, taking you through all 12 keys. But they are more than that, and I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with them.

Thanks to Steven Mooney for writing them. I've only had them a week, but feel my walking lines have more structure and direction already. No sound files, though, or backing tracks, just notes, notes, notes, mastery of which will make you very popular on the jazz circuit. Not for the lazy student...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Rob MacKillop' post='1238951' date='May 21 2011, 02:53 AM']I just bought these three books - Standard Lines, Blues and Rhythm Changes. If nothing else, they are brilliant for improving your sight reading, taking you through all 12 keys. But they are more than that, and I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with them.

Thanks to Steven Mooney for writing them. I've only had them a week, but feel my walking lines have more structure and direction already. No sound files, though, or backing tracks, just notes, notes, notes, mastery of which will make you very popular on the jazz circuit. Not for the lazy student...[/quote]

Rob, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the books.

As you delve into the material you will find that there are a lot of " questions " answered along the way.
As you mentioned the books are great for working on your reading chops , and also excellent studies
for working on the lower register positions. eg the fundamental bass register.

Take advantage of the lesson videos on my website, most if not all of the complex walking bass rhythms covered in the books are shown in the free videos , with links to more on you tube. ( all videos are at a slow to medium tempo design as instructional material )

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='jazz bass 2010' post='1270079' date='Jun 15 2011, 08:39 AM']Rob, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the books.

As you delve into the material you will find that there are a lot of " questions " answered along the way.
As you mentioned the books are great for working on your reading chops , and also excellent studies
for working on the lower register positions. eg the fundamental bass register.

Take advantage of the lesson videos on my website, most if not all of the complex walking bass rhythms covered in the books are shown in the free videos , with links to more on you tube. ( all videos are at a slow to medium tempo design as instructional material )[/quote]

Thanks again to Rob for taking his time to share his opinion.

For a free example of bass lines taken from Book III Standard Lines
available in bass clef or bass tab
join our mailing list on our home page.

[url="http://Http://constructingwalkingjazzbasslines.com"]Http://constructingwalkingjazzbasslines.com[/url]