Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Lakland Darryl Jones 5

mr_russ

I'm dipping my filthy tyre kicking feet into the water on this one and am looking into the possibility of moving on my trusty Lakland Darryl Jones 5.
I've owned and gigged it pretty much exclusively over the last 3 and a bit years, but I bought a Fender P5 which just works perfectly for the stuff I'm playing now.

I'm using those low low notes less and less nowadays, so am interested to see whether or not I can get by with a 4 stringer on a more permanent basis, something along the lines of the following plus cash where appropriate;

60's/70's reissue/roadworn Fender Jazz or Precision - the mex 50's reissue precision is excellent also.
Lakland Joe Osborne 4

Let me know what you've got - I'm pretty open minded this time round.

Otherwise I could possibly be coerced into selling at £850 collected/met half way etc- I'm based in Brighton but drive up to the work office near Braintree, Essex on a roughly weekly basis.

Bass is in great condition and perfect working order with a beautifully low action - plus it includes a hiscox hard case.

Edited by mr_russ

Oh blimey, I've just sold my OW (payment pending) and have always fancied going back to a Lakland JO or DJ. I even have a very nice reissue jazz I could throw into the equation. The question is, do I?? My only hesitation is that I too am wondering about sticking with 4 strings.

I hate making decision, damn it!!